Virtual Switch Auto Off longer option

Hi

I have a few virtual switches that I use to keep lights on that normally activate with motion. The usage is this, my son (4) goes to bath, motion turns light on and then once we have bathed him he likes to play. Problem is the motion does not detect him while he is lying down. So the lights turn off. I use the virtual switch called "Bathtime" to keep the lights on while he baths. I forget to turn this off and the lights stay on until someone remembers to turn off "Bathtime".

What I am asking is for the virtual switches to have a longer auto off option, or even for us to be able to select from a drop down list maybe up to an hour or longer even. So maybe the current options then add a 30s, 1min, 5min, 10min, 30min, 45min, 60min.

I know I could do this in rule machine, but it would be nice to just have it in the switch option.

4 Likes

I have wished for this a few times too. If adding too many numbers is too cluttered, maybe just let us type in a number in minutes?

2 Likes

I use this switch timer with reset for that and it's been working well.

2 Likes

@rvrolyk

Thanks for the info, going to give that a try now.

P.S Does exactly want I need it to do, thank you very much.

Agreed. This would save having to write specific rules to accomplish this. Haven’t tried switch timer reset but will check that out.