Virtual Alarm Keypad

Hi, I'm looking at adding the Konnected alarm system. Out of curiosity, what's the best way to have a virtual keypad on my dashboard. Is there a virtual alarm panel app that can be used? How have you folks gone about this?

This might work for you:

1 Like

I use HD+ with my Konnected system and HSM. It works very well.

I also use HD+, do you have a numeric keypad on your dashboard. How have you created this?

I do not have a numeric keypad. A numeric keyboard pops up as needed for specific devices. But the keypad for HSM works very well.

I wonder if I could use the Virtual Keypad app with my HD+ app to add a keypad as I don't think HD+ has a keypad option.

Thanks. I'm extremely surprised at this. I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm the only person who requires a virtual keypad which will in turn disable/enable a rule assuming the correct pin has been entered. The virtual keypad mentioned above seems quite elaborate and doesn't feel like it will work outside of a HE dashboard i.e HE+

I recently installed a Konnected board myself and at first I also lamented that there was no easy way to do a traditional alarm keypad.

But then I started thinking... With a full home automation suite we have other options. For example, to disarm the system you could have an object on a shelf with a tilt sensor.

We also have presence monitoring, so in theory home and away modes could be completely automated.

If you have an android device, I find all of the tools that I need in the HD+ app to manage my Konnected home security through Hubitat. Now, I have several custom solutions using Webcore, the Echo Speaks app, and a house full of Echo devices/Fire HD pads. But if you have a Konnected setup using Hubitat, the HD+ app can manage that for you easily.

Are you looking for something closer to the physical alarm keypads -- where you have to enter a PIN and then press disarm?

It might be possible to do something like that in HD+ -- for example a slide-up panel that's always fixed to the bottom of the screen.. slide it open to expose a keypad and arm/disarm buttons. I'd want to know how useful it'd be though and some ideas how it'd work first

I was thinking of something which generally has 0-9 and an arm/disarm button upon the correct code being entered. Maybe an omit zone button too perhaps. But yeah, something similar to your image above but In a digital version