Vesternet UK: beware

Vesternet site says ‘C8 in stock’, they have a large Google result ‘C8 in stock from UK warehouse’

I ordered on 1st March next day delivery after them emailing me they had stock, just been told they have no stock and due ‘any day now’

They did refund next day delivery but this is not great, I doubt had I not asked I’d have been told

Tim

1 Like

I had an e mail from Vesternet on 01/03 at 12:30PM to say that they had a 'very limited stock' of the C8 that would likely sell out within the day. I ordered mine from them as I had some 'smartys' points that got me £15 off. I placed the order at 13:10 for free delivery and still got mine next day.

I guess that the 'in stock' on Google takes some time to be updated/removed.

2 Likes

Still listed as in stock on their site now.

That's inexcusable.

Cheers
Tim

1 Like

Typical. I say something good and then this happens. :sweat_smile:

I didn't pay for next day shipping - I guess Royal Mail were feeling generous as it did get to me in less than 24 hours on their Tracked 48 service (the free option on Vesternet).

I'm an idiot, I completely forgot about this. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Same for me. They sent an e mail asking for a review to upgrade it for free but I was out of time and as I was away from home the free delivery was fine. Got home and they'd delivered to my neighbour.

The Smartys points are difficult to find in your account, I had to bookmark the page. As soon as I got the money off the C8, it's purchase generated enough for another £15 voucher - bonus

1 Like

Glad you're sorted.

They're still listed as in stock.

It's quite simple, I won't use them again and feel sorry for those folks placing orders under the impression they have stock.

Cheers
Tim

This happened with my original c7.

Vesternet are a lying sack of sh*.

This is a few years since and they're obviously still up to thr same tricks.

Avoid.

1 Like

I ordered late Wednesday evening on the free delivery and hasn't been despatched yet, I'm in no rush so not that brothered

1 Like

It's not massive, obviously: But I was home on Friday anyway so could receive the package (which is an issue here) and it looked like a result!

Oh well.

Cheers
Tim

Vesternet’s website stock availability is not real-time linked. They have used that as an ‘excuse’ to back order several times with me.

I did order almost immediately and despite their banner saying next day delivery free over £100 they shipped on a 48 hour courier. But it arrived today.

They are not reliable in their promises but they are a reasonable company to do business with. It’s a shame they don’t fix the basic misrepresentation sales pitch that they promote.

1 Like

If only they knew people good with automations and web/iot type stuff…

Tim

I've had similar experiences with my last two orders. Both times I only ordered stuff that showed as in stock. With the penultimate order, I received an email a few days later letting me know that the order was delayed due to stock issues. With the last order, they did not even let me know there would be a delay. It was only after I enquired why the order still showed as "pending" that I was informed that certain items were not in stock.
The orders were in the last 3 to 4 months.

2 Likes

I have had one or two items where they have done this but the majority of time they deliver as ordered. I saw the c8 pop up and ordered right away. Had the email review and dropped some natter in to get next day delivery free upgrade and thee it was.
To be on the safe side I ordered the second one direct from Hubitat. Even with import duty and currency conversion it was £10 cheaper. Took 6 days but that was because it was over a weekend.
Result.

1 Like

I ordered direct from Hubitat (as I did originally for the C7), even with the delivery charge it came out as £160.98. Ordered on the Friday evening, UK time, arrived late morning following Monday. I was really surprised how quickly it arrived - so it had to sit on the shelf waiting until this weekend when I finally had some time to go through the migration process :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wary of ordering direct as carriers vary wildly in the handling fee I find - which doesn't matter to the shipper as the punter gets hit with it. Having just been caned 30 quid (on top of reasonable duties which you can calculate) on a 6" square pack from the US, I wasn't going to risk it.

I would in future knowing that

Cheers
Tim

1 Like

Import duty was calculated with the order I think. Delivered by UPS. Total Cost £160.42.

1 Like

Not sure what's going on here but I ordered one last Tuesday, delivered on Friday.
I've never had any issues with Vesternet. :man_shrugging: :

1 Like

I ordered mine on the 1st March and it was dispatched on the 7th March, due to the blizzard in Yorkshire, postie couldn't make it for a week.
but now installed and migrated.

1 Like

Yorkshire? Hull here.....

Just order off Hubitat's own site, I ordered my C8 on monday morning and it'll be here by Thursday according to UPS.

2 Likes