Vent / Rant over Device Void

Yeah they're launching the new 700 series, older 500 series have been available for several years, functionality is mostly the same, just an upgrade to the newer Z-Wave chip.

2 Likes

Yeah a variant on that would be "two camps: Amazon or Google" -- but either way, it's sad.

S.

1 Like

Oh, nice. I hadn't realized that. The thermostat is kind of cool looking.

1 Like

3 Likes

My rant on smart wifi devices:

8 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli If you need some more product ideas... There are people that want to buy better products :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Internationally ! :laughing::+1:t3:

3 Likes

I love it! Hopefully announcing something big soon which will allow us to work on some of these innovative ideas, but my lips are sealed until the ink dries :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli

My first guess: 700 series based devices. They are much easier to write code/firmware for, so should be quicker/easier to bring new products to market. But that's probably not it, since I think you've already publicly said 700 series devices are coming.

My second guess: A merger/acquisition since he said ink dry. If that's the case, I'm guessing it would be with Centralite's remnants. Which would be quite exciting.

How's that for rumormongering!

Regardless, you are on good roll right now.

4 Likes

d@mn @JasonJoel that’s some serious rumors you are starting there :rofl:

3 Likes

Will be more fun if I'm right in the end. Although if I am, it is pure blind luck - I have no insider info.

1 Like

According to the Inovelli community forum I am an inovelli insider :rofl: But I know nothing either..

2 Likes

Lol -- Scott went a little crazy with the titling of people in our community :joy:

Great guess -- yes, our Fan/Light switch (Project Hurricane) is 700 Series which is exciting! Any new products will be 700 too.

Close, but no merger/acquisition -- there's only 5 of us here -- we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves lol!

5 Likes

Well, that's no fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm all for more/different devices coming to market, though, so I will be interested to hear the news once publicly available!

2 Likes

My guess is a partnership with a large company (e.g., Home Depot) for which Inovelli would supply white label product.

1 Like

It seems like Home Depot (Wink) and Lowes (Iris) are both shying away from smart home devices these days... :wink:

2 Likes

Man... If Inovelli got what was left of Centralite I would be happy. It means that so many of the products I would love to have work the way they are listed in the brochure (Centralite Nightlight 3420 :tired_face:) would not only work, but work even better than before!

2 Likes

While we're ranting: I so want Lutron to make a one-button Pico, in the same form factor as the other Picos.

(Yes, I've told them that, in person.)

1 Like

I want a pony.

4 Likes

Or a smaller company with an awesome community :wink:

2 Likes