Velux

Hi,

Anyone had any experience with Velux products and integrating into Hubitat?

https://www.velux.co.uk/help-and-advice/support/velux-active-support

The auto-open feature for the windows looks useful but wanting to be able to control them through a routine as well (for example - starting cooking, open roof window if not raining)

I've also got a Tado thermostat & want to put in an air conditioner so be nice to be able to work them together somehow later down the line. (something like if before XX time, then open window, post 9pm run air con. Only run air con after windows open 30 minutes)

Appears to have been done for HA but don't know if that then makes it doable in HE

1 Like

I would like this integration as well :slight_smile:

Rick

Same here but with the Velux Active Kit with Netatmo. We recently had our roof and skylights replaced with the Velux that has solar, built-in blinds, and rain sensors at a very good price and then factor in the federal solar rebates. We couldn’t refuse. Overall the system has been excellent. It automatically opens up skylights to vent when there’s too much CO2, recirculating air, or temps are too hot. It can also close the internal blinds for the skylights when the sun is beating down in the roof.

I wish an integration could communicate with my overall HVAC settings (Ecobee 3, smart sensors, and Keen vents) to offer more customization. Also, the CO2 reporting is pretty amazing (and also somewhat scary when you first start monitoring CO2 levels), but it would also be beneficial for the system to connect with fire alarms and carbon monoxide levels such as the Nest Protects (unfortunately bought them well before Google decided to be evil.) This is the one added functionality I wish this Netatmo system had.

Hi, did you find a way to integrate Velux with HE?

I'd love to not only be able to use open/close but access the light and Co2 sensors on the wall units as well. These are not visible in Homekit Home app now.

I reached out to Velux, they were very nice, and tried to be helpful, but in the end it seems like they outsourced all the software and eng for the Velux Active system to Netatmo, and have no conrol over if a API is created or available. They're going to reach out and get back to me this week. I reached out to Netatmo as well, since they do have an API for many of their other products. We'll see what happens.

1 Like

I'm using with a KLF200 which is integrated into openhab for control.

To add a use case Jared if they come back to you. I'd love to be able to override the rain sensor to force open say 30%.
I have a couple of them directly above where my hob is going to go so want to be able to have them open a little even when raining as it won't cause rain to come in with the pitch.

They seem VERY concerned about security, and generally make a big deal about things not leaking, So I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. But happy to bring it up. I was surprised that they use some kind of general zip code based weather rather than the Netatmo data which would be way more accurate in many areas...

Mine use the actual rain sensor built in I think. But then mine isn't connected to the Active Netatmo system which means there are bindings for openhab or homeassistant via the KLF

Keep us posted! :+1:

Just got the Velux Active setup for our skylights. Did you ever hear back from Netatmo on if they would consider making an API available? Thanks!

Has anyone tried this with something like a Bond Hub?