Use Tasker to turn on/off smartplug in hubitat?

Just switched over from Smartthings , used Tasker and sharptools. Is there a easy solution? If so you'll have to explain in detail... Hubitat noob :wink:

You can use the built-in Hubitat Maker API app to expose cloud endpoint URL’s that Tasker can call to turn on and off a switch device.

5 Likes

As @ogiewon said, the Maker API App will work great for this. The Maker API Documentation will explain the http get commands to use.

2 Likes

Or you can use a cloud or local endpoint as trigger in RM and do anything that RM can do. I do both methods. I have some things that control a device directly with request such a virtual presence and then others that turn on all of my external lights when I get home at night with a single HTTP request using RM.

1 Like

Try this. Tutorial: Use Tasker popup menus & HE integration (Android)

1 Like

If you really want to get fancy, use the local endooint when home and the cloud when not. I have a Global Variable in Tasker for when connected to home network. Then, my task contains an If-Then and makes a different HTTP request based on value of that variable. I also open my dashboards in my phone instead of using app and incorporate same variable to choose local or cloud dashboard.

1 Like