Use case for 2 Hubitat C8s

60ish zigbee devices, about 10 z-wave, 80 or so Lutron, and 30 virtual devices.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone--appreciate the perspectives!

1 Like

I originally started using multiple hubs when my C4 would lock up almost weekly, even with a relatively small network. When we moved, I added a C7 with the intention of moving the processing to that and keeping the devices on the C4. But then I bought 2 C7s. One was just a spare for a while as everything worked fine with the devices and processing split. At some point, I started to pay attention to hub temp (probably a silly thing to be concerned about) but noticed that the C4 was running about 10 - 14 degrees warmer than the C7's. So I moved the devices off the C4 onto the spare C7 and retired the C4. I was considering picking up a C7 and having the antenna mod done when the C8 dropped, so I picked up one and moved my devices to it, The extra C7 is now spare but has cloud integrations on it. But the truth is I really don't even use that cloud stuff as part of my system. I'm still looking for a good use for that extra C7. I think I could probably go back to just one hub to handle everything, But I don't want to put out the effort to consolidate again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.