US - NEW! iblinds Kit v3

That's CRAZY and would drive me nuts! :eyes:

On the other hand, I could use 2 of the iBlinds so if things don't work out... Shoot me an offer and maybe I'll take all 3 off your hands. :wink:

1 Like

I read this to my short wife.

I asked her if she would like something like that.

"I don't even like you reading that to me!"

So ... at least you have some interest in taking the iBlinds off your hands.

:slightly_smiling_face:

:cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

1 Like

I am the lucky recipient of a unique partner. (I agree w/your wife, BTW.) :smiley:

Right?! Does (at least used to before iBlinds) make me nuts too!

I will keep you in mind...my wife's mood is like the weather, there is no way to predict or control it. :open_mouth: :wink:

1 Like

Upgraded all five blinds to 3.06 tonight, using the HE Device FW Update app.

Just noting this because previous tries with the built in FW updater we not always successful. Worked perfectly (if not speedily) tonight.

Hi @danabw, 3.03's been OK; what's the benefit to using 3.06? What upgrades did they make? Just wondering if it's worth the update.

Thanks

What do you guys have your closing/opening speed set to? The default freaks out the dog :slight_smile:

Mine are set to 6, which provides a more leisurely pace that hasn't disturbed anyone so far. You can set it from 0 to 100, so there's a lot of room to play w/slowing down the open/close speed. Can't imagine what 100 would be like...two days to close!? :wink:

Hmm, I'm already at 10, let's try 25.

The changes in 3.06 are listed below. I really didn't have a great reason to update, but liked the option to start calibration remotely.

Bug Fixes

• Charge Adapter Input Filter – Enable charge adapter GPIO pin filter to eliminate ghost button push
  • Motor Noise, Motor Stall Detection – Full-time motor current monitoring to detect a stall.

Enhancements

• New Calibration Activation methods
  • Changed activation from 10 second long press to 5 short presses. The calibration routine does not start immediately start. Calibration begins when the next Z-Wave position command is received by the iblind motor.
  • New Z-Wave Parameter #7 added for remote calibration start. Sending a value of 1 (size = 1) to Z-Wave Parameter 7 will immediately start the Calibration Routine.

My blinds have been almost perfect for a long time now, only once or twice over the past weeks one of them might not be open in the AM when I got up. Really the update was more about me being bored and wanting to do something than anything else. I am well known among family and friends for having no ability to resist a software/firmware update. :wink:

I am interested to see if the full-time monitoring of the motor current will have any effect on battery life. But I do like the idea of catching stall conditions to improve any potential reliability problems, as my wife has a very small amount of patience for automations run amuck. :open_mouth:

1 Like

C'mon...75 or 80!! :wink:

I think only values between 30 -100 actually do anything. 0 -30 are just 0 at least that's how mine are (i'm still on the original firmware)

Do you guy use the set level duration feature? I have mine set to open in the morning and close at dusk over 2 or 3 mins. It's the only feature I wish the V2 motors had.

Not sure I know what the "set level duration feature" is...I don't have that in my driver.

Just like with a dimmer...it's on the device page. You can use a duration in rule machine and some apps etc...

Ah thanks...wasn't thinking about duration in a rule combined w/the set level command.

I don't do that so haven't experienced any issues like that. I use:

• Scenes for open and close commands morning and night intiated by SA
  • Relative position changes (e.g., close/open blinds 8%) via ABC button contoller app w/Pico my wife uses to control the the three blinds in the office.
  • Mid-day SA automation to change one office blind to 35% open due to sun's position changing during the day, but don't use any duration w/that.

I'm not having any issues. I was just pointing out the feature. The V3 iblind motor is the only, blind, curtain or shade motor that I know of that supports that.

1 Like

Interesting. I will have to wait for it to close later to see if there's any difference to the change I made at 25.

Ah, yes, that is a cool feature. Allows you to "dim" to whatever level you want, very cool.

If only there was an add-on control stick that iBlinds offered, they would be perfect for me, providing my wife a sense of manual control that she still (in her heart of hearts) wants. :slight_smile:

35 definitely did make a difference!

1 Like

I'm going to have to try that to see what that speed looks/sounds like. :smiley:

I am using Firmware 3.01.

I can tell Alexa to set the shades to any percent between 0 and 100 and the blinds will respond accordingly.

She does reply "I'm not quite sure what went wrong." but the blinds move to that percent eg 50% is open.