US - NEW! iblinds Kit v3

@bertabcd1234, @dman2306, @eibyer, @Hal3

New stuff! WOOT! This just in from iBlinds email that arrived tonight. OTA updates and manual control via charger adapter button!

What are the top improvements made to iblinds v3 compared to v2?

In addition to the Z-Wave 700 series improvements we’ve added:

1. Over The Air (OTA) updates – as we make improvements to v3 users will have the option to update the iblinds firmware.
  2. Stronger and faster motor
  3. Manual control through the Charge Adapter push button. This will allow users to manually toggle the blinds between open and closed.
  4. The ability to configure iblinds using Z-Wave configuration parameters
  • The option for users to set the default open level of their blinds
  • The flexibility to set the speed at which the blinds open and close
  • The ability to set the open direction. We received feedback that some people want the blinds to close tilted up while others want them to close tilted down
  1. Single Processor design. V2 had two processors and that opened the door for occasional errors. With V3 all of the code resides on the ARM® Cortex M4 processor which equates to better reliability.
6 Likes

Probably would be obvious if I owned one, but where do you access this manual button? I thought the device gets mounted inside the blind frame?

It's a little inconvenient unless you're tall, and even then not so easy to get to. The hole where your tilt wand or strings comes out of is where the button is. On the current versions it's used to initiate pairing.

ah ok that makes sense. Yeah sounds a little inconvenient, but it's mainly for backup/emergencies. I'd probably mount a zwave button nearby, this is just in case the hub is down or something I want some way to close my blinds!

1 Like

Yeah, that's my plan exactly, especially since my family so loves buttons. I haven't had any significant HE outages/issues since .148 so don't expect the button to get much use. We have three Picos near where I'm going to install the first one (I've ordered two to play w/before diving in) and there's room on each Pico to have at least basic open/close commands. But mostly they will be controlled by time of day automations, and possibly season as the angle of the sun changes throughout the year. Looking forward to giving it a spin when it arrives (hopefully)next month...

Driver is in 2.2.4

3 Likes

You've set up a little macro that goes into every thread in the forum and adds "Driver is in 2.2.4," haven't you?

;-}

2 Likes

No.. I actually have one and wrote a driver for it..

4 Likes

LOL...I guess if I was following interweb rules my reply would be "PIcs or it didn't happen!" but of course I won't go there. :wink:

Glad to hear you have one. Have you ordered a V3 to play with?

I'm screwed, they will need to ship a step stool with my controller :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is the V3

7 Likes

It is nice to be king...or to have industry/company based early access. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe mount a ladder on the wall? That way it's always there... :wink:

Received mine today. Psyched to install it only to discover that the motor is like 1mm too tall to fit in my head rail. Grrrr

When did you order?

Early to mid September.

Very early, that's a surprise. Ordered mine Sept 15, haven't heard a peep from them. Did you get any notification or did it just show up?

Thinking to get some of these but also worried about the space constraints. What is the space required (l/w/h)?

I got an email a couple weeks ago saying it was shipping soon.

1 Like

Any luck finagling it to fit? Got your dremel out to do some "adjusting" of the iBlinds motor case? :wink: