US - NEW! iblinds Kit v3

Just talking w/@bcopeland and his blinds show FW version 10.14.

Mine show 3.01.

Really appreciate it if you guys w/blinds installed can post the FW version shown on the Device page for your blinds.

Bryan's: 10.14

Mine: 3.01

@bertabcd1234, @Hal3, @zacs, @gassgs - Can you tell/show what your iBlinds FW version is?

I seem to recall you were using my v2 driver, which does not populate these fields with the device's firmware version (partly because I didn't know how to do it when I wrote that driver, which I'll probably update after I get my v3, but also because it doesn't matter--v2 can't do OTA updates, anway). Have you tried checking by using either the Basic Z-Wave Tool or the "communtiy" Z-Wave firmware updater, doing a getVersionReport(), and seeing what gets spit out in the logs? Or if you have PC Controller, you can retrieve that information there, too. Basically, anything besides this "Data" area where some things come from the hub but some (can) come from the driver, firmware version being one of the latter if at all--just to see if things really did update.

PS - But yes, I'll also check mine as soon as I get it installed. :smiley:

Thanks for your reply. I'm actually using Bryan's v3 driver currently since I reincluded w/S2. The v3 blinds default to that driver, and I felt best to leave it on the built-in v3 driver for testing.

So I am getting FW reported as 3.01, and PC Controller reported the same version when I tried to do FW update via PC Controller. So I'm pretty confident that is the current FW version I have.

Thanks for checking yours once it's installed. :slight_smile:

Here's me:

Thanks, Hal!

Wow...still another FW version, 3.1.

So we have:

• Me: 3.01
  • Hal: 3.1
  • Bryan: 10.14 (likely internal testing/engineering version)

Really intested to see what others report!

EDIT/UPDATE:

Heard back from iBlinds support...FW versions are as follows:

1. 3.01 and 3.1 are the same firmware. iBlinds decided they wanted to change their FW versioning after they released had released some v3 blinds. So FW 3.1 can be updated to FW 3.02. So @Hal3 - you can (if you want to) update your blinds from 3.1 to 3.02. It'll look weird, but 3.02 is the newest release.
  • Email from iBlinds support: "The newest firmware we have is 3.0.2, The other firmware (3.1) is the exact same as 3.0.1 and we have opted to go with a different naming convention"

1. FW 14.x are internal/beta/engineering FW versions, not for normal release. Nothing to see here, keep on moving. :wink:

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

An update on drivers...there are currently three available, and one that may have been used in the beta conducted by iBlinds that is not currently available.

HE built-in driver: "HAB Home Intel iBlinds V3" in the driver list. Written by bcopeland (Bryan) and included in 2.2.4.

iBlinds provided driver: "iblinds" in the driver list after manual install from their GitHub:
Github: GitHub - habhomegit/Hubitat_Z-Wave: Hubitat iblinds device driver
iBlinds driver support page: https://support.myiblinds.com/knowledge-base/device-drivers-hubitat-smartthings/#hubitat-device-driver

@bertabcd1234's community driver Developed for v2 blinds, he just installed his v3 today so the driver is not adjusted, if that's required, for v3 yet: "iBlinds (Community Driver)" in the driver list after installed from his GitHub. Probably the most full-featured driver overall.
Release thread: [RELEASE] Unofficial iBlinds driver

There is evidently a fourth version of an iBlinds driver, you can see pics of its Preferences settings on the iBlinds driver support page - it looks different from the iBlinds driver that is available on the iBlinds GitHub above. Pic of this fourth "mystery driver." :slight_smile:

Choice is good!

1 Like

Heard from iBlinds support today - they had accidentally sent me a bad version of the FW update file.

They sent me an updated FW file to try and it updated my second blind fine via PC Controller/UZB stick. I'll try my first blind (the more problemmatic one) maybe later today, hopefully it will now update as well.

They aslo confirmed they've had another report of the single-press on the manual control button not working consistently in addition to my report. The unit from the other customer is on its way to iBlinds from the customer who reported it, and they think it could just be aminor FW tweak to adjust how the button responds.

So good progress...

Hello all,

I’ve been following the community for a little while, but this is my first post. I recently received the V3 iBlinds, and my battery has consistently been reporting as 1 despite being fully charged. I am using the driver from iBlinds and am on firmware 3.1. Has anyone else had an difficulty with the battery reporting correctly?

Thanks for the update Danabw!
I am giving the blinds a rest today.

My battery reports 100 but it looks like it is only polled once per day at 4 am.

I just received a response from iBlinds about my battery issue they hadn’t heard of others having this issue, but they sent me the file for their V3.1 driver. This is the 4th driver shown in your post. I let them know that it wasn’t available on GitHub or their website.

Thanks for letting them know that, I also mentioned it to them, hopefully they'll rectify that.

I see your battery is also reporting "1" like @Hal3's. I was able to fix that by setting the battery update time to just one minute past current time, and when the clocked ticked over my battery updated to the correct charge level.

First iBlinds motor will not update w/the new FW file, so it's going back to iBlinds for a replacement...something's just not right with it.

How long does it take to charge this battery?

The instructions say to charge for eight hours before using. Probably less than that. A full charge should be good for three months or so depending.

1 Like

Mine took several hours, but I charged it the first time before I did the install, so I have no idea how full it was when it started charging. They claim ~5-6 months between charges, obviously dependent upon usage. As usualy ambient temps affect battery life, but since this is indoors that should not have a huge effect.

Usually you'd run the blinds twice a day - open in the morning and close in the evening, maybe some adjustments during the day if you want to change the open % due to the angle of the sun.

The motor is surprisingly quiet, and the amount it has to run is very small to open and close the blinds.

I'm starting to really like this...came out into the family room this AM and the automation I had set to open the blinds 30 minutes after sunrise had run, and the blinds were open, room was bright and inviting. Nice!

Hmm are there 3 different LED indicators, I see red and green both lit.

Green is supposed to confirm that the battery is fully charged, yellow when it's charging. One of my units arrived w/the battery fully charged, IRRC it was green when I connected it.

I will have to take pics later just to confirm. I've had it plugged overnight but led is still red but there's another small green led next to it.

Yeah, that's normal. Green is for the battery, red right next to it is just the "I'm alive" color for the motor. :slight_smile: You're good.

1 Like

All three motors installed.
Response is very intermittent and iffy. :slightly_frowning_face:

Which icon are you using in Hubitat and SharpTools?