URGENT: Everything is working and I have nothing to do. Help! Now!

Hey, you be careful there, pilgrim. :wink:

How many sets of these have you daisey-chained successfully? Or have you tried that w/them?

The power brick/controller combo is pretty bulky, and I'd prefer to be able to link several of these together (realizing that they'd all turn on/off together) rather than have the bulky separate power brick/control for each one. These are going to be mounted inside each of her closet units, so I'll have to hide the brick/controller and I'm concerned about the space they require affecting the closet unit's drawers, etc.

I have one chain of garden spot with 3 extensions. Which is I think beyond what they recommend but it works fine.

1 Like

โ€œYou know how Zigbee bulbs are not good repeaters when connected to Hubitat?
What about these Sylvania light strips? Are they also repeaters? Any problems with them negatively affecting the zigbee mesh network?โ€

Iโ€™m nervous about how the Sylvania light strips might adversely impact my Zigbee network. Is there a Z-Wave version? Link?

[quote="kahn-hubitat, post:84, topic:51462"]I have one chain of garden spot with 3 extensions.
[/quote]

So to confirm, a total of four - base set w/power/controller, and three additional sets attached.

I assume auto-correct zapped you - was meant to say "beyond" what they recommend right?

I just found this in the description on Amazon, missed it somehow.

• Expandable up to 80 feet with 16 foot expansion strips, sold separately

So that would be five 16' strips total! That would be great if that actually works in real life...

Ya 4. In earlier firmwares it would occasionally drop of my net and I had to reset it. But last year or two it has been fine.

1 Like

Iโ€™ve got 4 sets together (64 ft). Theyโ€™re advertised to go to 80 ft. Iโ€™m having issues with it set to โ€œwhiteโ€ and level >94%. After about 20 minutes it starts flashing. I have other power supplies to try, or it might be a connection not completely engaged. Still have to troubleshoot. Fortunately 93% is plenty bright.

1 Like

OK, fair warning. I have the Lightify gateway arriving today, the Lightify LED strip connector kit, and 8 additional 16' strip sets (the full package, not just the strips) arriving next week. Nothing gets installed until a few months from now, but wanted it all in hand so I could update the firmware and try out linking strips together to see how it goes. I likely won't need to link more than 3 sets together so I should be fine, and if I need to go to 4 sets linked, I tried 93% and it looked fine on the strip I have installed in our existing MB closet.

1 Like

I use these for undercabinet lighting, and find them to be... frustrating, like most of the Lightify bulbs (I don't have any of their other devices). When they work, they work excellently!

But if you have frequent power outages (for me, just occasional blips during a storm, and sometimes randomly without apparent cause), you will find that they lose their connection to the HE controller. When that happens, you need to re-pair the lights with HE. SOMETIMES, even that doesn't work, and you end up having to rebuild any of the HE apps that use that device... i.e. delete them from the app, then add them back to the app. It can be a pain in the rear. Sometimes, if you put up with the device not working, it will eventually manage to fix itself, sometimes within a few hours, sometimes after weeks.

The problem, as I understand it (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), is that the Lightify devices act as repeaters, but after a power outage, they start creating bizarre routing back to the HE hub that ends up not working.

I have something like 25 Lightify devices (all lighting), and I'm just about ready to ditch them all to get something (Sengled, perhaps?) that will work reliably after a power outage.

So, can you use HE to control the Lightify gateway? I'm badly frustrated by the Lightify devices with the HE hub, but if the Lightify gateway will reliably fix those problems, and can be controlled by the HE hub, it would save me a lot compared to changing out my 2-dozen or so individually controlled lighting devices.

I'm not sure what happens after a power blip, but the issue isn't that they repeat, the issue is that they are ZigBee LL and not HA. They do great a repeating other LL products must not other HA products. So when you have a mix of different ZigBee protocols on your hub they can then become problematic. This is because HE is HA so other device then become HA and as the lamps don't do HA well you get issues. If all you have on the hub is lamps you should be fine (I am and so are other). The fix is to use the gateway for these devices (don't know how long it will work for) or another hub. That's what I do, I have a z-wave and LL hub and a z-wave plus and ZigBee 3.0 hub (HE is still HA1.2 but ZigBee 3.0 is all profiles so the device sit happily with HA1.2)

my lightyfy bulbs are not acting as repearters i belive you are wrong.. non are showing as repeaters in my zigbee info.. and i have 5 of them

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Garage Outlet, 0105], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Basement Camera, 06B9], LQI:250, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Under Bar Lights, 148C], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Gardenspot 1, 17E0], LQI:226, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Basement Gas Detector, 249A], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Basement Switch Booster, 6B31], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:5
[MBR Ceiling Light 4, 7373], LQI:251, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:7
[Backyard Camera, 78CD], LQI:249, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Yard Lights, 7D6F], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:5
[Music Room Lamp, A52C], LQI:240, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Joshs Light, A7F7], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Basement Pan Cam, B75E], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Guest Room Light, C66F], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Front Door Camera, C6AB], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Zigbee Test Outlet, CF77], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Garage Lights, D969], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Basement Camera, 06B9] via [Basement Gas Detector, 249A]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Yard Lights, 7D6F] via [Basement Pan Cam, B75E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Front Door Camera, C6AB] via [Basement Gas Detector, 249A]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Joshs Light, A7F7] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Office Vent, 0983] via [Guest Room Light, C66F]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Garage Lights, D969] via [Zigbee Test Outlet, CF77]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Guest Room Light, C66F] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Music Room Lamp, A52C] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Gardenspot 1, 17E0] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [MBR Ceiling Light 3, 41F5] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [MBR Ceiling Light 1, E878] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Office Temp, FD0B] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Gardenspot 2, 8D0D] via [Garage Outlet, 0105]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bedside Lamp, D145] via [Joshs Light, A7F7]

Mine (I have only two strings setup so far) have been rock solid. I haven't had any power outages (pretty much never do) but in normal use paired to the hub, they've been super reliable and really fast. I have them tied to contact sensors in closets and they come on [bam] as soon as I start sliding the closet door open.

I didn't think about it at the time, but since their ZLL, can they be paired to a Hue bridge? I'm using a Hue bridge w/HE already.

The Sylvania/Osram/Lightify bulbs do repeat, and for me, they did it terribly when paired directly to HE. That is why my last two sit by themselves on my old C3.

The bulbs sold in North American are ZHA whereas the ones in Europe are ZLL. So no Hue hub for us Yanks.

well till i see otherwse.. your post doesnt show any repeating.. nor does mine

Here's what I have. If I read this right my LED strips (Master Closet LED Light Strip and A LED Closet test) aren't repeating for any other devices.

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=10, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Window kitchen, 9EB3, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Door Kitchen to Utility, 1F9D, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Door Side Gate, 72ED, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Door Dryer, 3D02, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Lock Living Rm Slider South, BCF5, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Door Front door, 5686, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Window Office North, 4EB5, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
No information for Child 7
child:[Light Sensor - Xiaomi Mijia, F554, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Door Washer, 544D, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Plug Dylan Zigbee, 1E68], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Master Heating Pad, 8AB8], LQI:225, age:4, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Plug Entry, 902A], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Plug Peanut Plants, 91DA], LQI:252, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:5
[Plug Hall , A543], LQI:234, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Plug Utility Washer, BAF4], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:7

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Plug Entry, 902A] via [Plug Entry, 902A]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Heating Pad, 8AB8] via [Plug Dylan Zigbee, 1E68]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Plug Hall , A543] via [Plug Dylan Zigbee, 1E68]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [A LED Closet test, 95E7] via [Plug Entry, 902A]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Plug Peanut Plants, 91DA] via [Plug Entry, 902A]
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Plug Utility Washer, BAF4] via [Plug Utility Washer, BAF4]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Motion Living Room Kitchen Entry, BDA5] via [Plug Dylan Zigbee, 1E68]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Motion front porch, 34DB] via [Plug Dylan Zigbee, 1E68]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Motion Office, D050] via [Plug Entry, 902A]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Motion living room bookcase, 9501] via [Plug Dylan Zigbee, 1E68]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Closet LED Light Strip, 1AC0] via [Plug Dylan Zigbee, 1E68]

ya i dont see yours repeating either.. same for mine.. only zigbee switches are repeating.. but i believe this is not the full zigbee route table only the first level repeaters from the hub. so we could be wrong. but as i said all my lights are within a stone throw of the hub so i dont think any are repeating.. in fact what they are repeating through "joshes light switch" is actually much father from the hub and upstairs.. So I would think if they were going to act as repeaters they wouldnt be going through another switch.. I wonder if maybe older firmware repeated?

Possible...I did update the FW on all of my light strips (8 that I had to pair to the Syvania hub, update, and then pair back to the HE hub). Fun stuff...not. :slight_smile:

Oh - I meant to ask, when you update the FW on these strips you're really updating the FW on the controller, the white connector between the strip and the power brick, right? I ask because I got an additional 16' LED strip extender (no power/controller) and assumed that I don't have to update that strip, that whatever controller it's connected to has the update. Correct? Tagging @Ken_Fraleigh, since it's his fault I have so many of these... :wink:

1 Like

ya its in the controller. same for outdoor in the big black box that connecdts to lights

2 Likes

No they repeat still, it's possible that you have better repeaters and they are choosing them as the route. I have 9 on a hub (only them) and they are using each other to route, not by a PC to show you though.
I also have 2 friend and family with lightify hubs with them, they route.

1 Like

I wish there was a 12V one for the UK. I bought one from China but I cannot get it to work for love nor money :sob:

1 Like