[UPDATED] Weewx Weather Driver With External Forecasting

Which, like everything else will be looked at when I get a chance.
@anon61068208
Did you ever create a weewx only driver?

Andy

Actually I did fix that error but to lazy to post it for you.. Lol

And yes I did create the weeWX device. Did you want it ?

Andy here is the weeWX driver

That driver is GONE...

1 Like

So this replaces @Cobra weewx driver?

No... I simply removed everything but the weewx weather code. If you don't need or want the external weather you can use this instead.

27 posts were split to a new topic: License Argument

Please keep the conversation on point and don't forget, criticize ideas, not people .

Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a postā€™s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

https://community.hubitat.com/faq#agreeable

Hello- I'm trying to get data out of my WeeWX server and can't seem to get it to see the data in Hubitat. I have installed the driver and created the virtual device on Hubitat, modified the skin.conf file and copied daily.json.tmpl on the WeeWX server but I can't hit the weewx/daily.json web page. Is there a driver that has to be installed on the WeeWX server to get the file to generate? I'm getting 404 errors when attempting to hit links.

Thank you everyone for the time and effort put into getting this to work!
Scott

So you have something like this in your weewx.conf and you restarted weewx ?

[[Hubitat]]
    HTML_ROOT = /home/weewx/public_html/
    skin = Hubitat

Yes, I just checked my logs and I'm getting this error:
Sep 16 07:39:17 WeeWxServer weewx[8414]: cheetahgenerator: Generate failed with exception '<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>'
Sep 16 07:39:17 WeeWxServer weewx[8414]: cheetahgenerator: **** Ignoring template /home/weewx/skins/neowx/daily.json.tmpl

I created skins\hubitat and put the skins and daily files in it and now I'm getting this in the logs.

Sep 16 09:08:19 WeeWxServer weewx[11044]: reportengine: Failed to read skin configuration file /home/weewx/skins/Hubitat/skin.conf for report 'Hubitat': Parsing failed with several errors.#012First error at line 7.
Sep 16 09:08:19 WeeWxServer weewx[11044]: **** Report ignored

why did you manually install the skin instead of installing it via weewx ? You must have done a step wrong.

Is that the weewxhubitatdriver.zip file. If so, all of the links to the download are broken (404 error).

So how did you get the weewx theme ?

They work now. Please install as directed.

1 Like

BOOM! Working now! Thank you so much for your assistance in getting this working.

Scott

1 Like

Any chance anyone will update this driver to migrate to darksky.net or some other external forecasting source?

Assuming that the links are broken due to the License Argument split topic - any way I can request access? Finally got my weewx up and running and would love to integrate to keep my automations running locally instead of having everything break when the internet goes down. Thanks!

@brian.greetis
I have rereleased most of my apps and drivers on my website.
(Https://cobra-apps.co.uk)

However, I havenā€™t got around to updating that one yet.
I will do, Iā€™m just trying to catch up.

Andy

1 Like

I've posted a driver that provides a local real-time data connection to WeeWX. It is entirely local, no internet required. Also, since it is loop based, it can provide updates as frequently as 2.5 seconds if your hardware permits. HTH.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.