[UPDATED] - Weather Switch - Turn on a switch in response to weather

@Cobra

So I have everything working AWESOME in the driver and I see Solar Illumination. Now my question is how do I access that info through WebCORE? When I add the device to a the sensors I can access I only get the option to Poll or Force Poll the device. Nothing about the solar radiation. Hoping I can get this working so that my LUX light automation works in Hubitat.

Iā€™m sorry I know nothing about webcore
The driver presents itself like any other illuminance driver/device
Pehaps someone else with webcore experiance cal help

Andy

Any idea why it's showing up twice in the driver list?

45%20PM

Any way to get around this limitation? I forgot about that requirement already and went round and round multiple times before I remembered I had to save the parent app with no children and then reopen it and create the child apps.

Did not notice the same requirement with Switch Central.

BTW: "Switch to enable/disable means when the switch is on it is disabled, or enabled? i would expect to see just "switch to disable" then the option to choose ON for disable or OFF for disable.

Not really.
I recommend you do that with any parent/child app.
The child needs to see the parent before it will install correctly

The optional enable/disable switch if used will disable the app if switched off, enable the app if switched on

Andy

OK.. Don't think I did that with Switch Central and it seems to be working fine.

Perfect. Thanks.

I just do it automatically now so didnā€™t notice anything unusual with SC

This app seems really cool thus far.

I piggybacked off a hi-jacked RM thread and changed some attributes of my netatmo rain sensor. Now Iā€™m just waiting for rain.

I did have a question (more general) about the app:

I set a trigger for ā€˜Rain in Last Hourā€™ and I am forced to set a threshold to 0 because if I enter a number less than 1 (ie. .25) I get a message that states ā€˜Enter a Valid Numberā€™.

With 0 the trigger will occur anytime there is the slightest sprinkle (ok), but I am afraid the switch will never go off because I will never be able to have less than 0 rain.

Is there a way for an automation to fire a trigger to turn a switch on when rain in the last hour > .25 and then turn off the switch when rain in the last hour < .25?

Did you try 0.25?

1 Like

I tried last night when I saw this post. Figured best to wait for you to respond. It said not valid too. Are these values based on millimeters? I wouldn't have flagged an issue with inches while we were discussing these setting because I'm set to mm here.

I have had this issue before too. .25 is different than 0.25 (the leading 0 to the left of the decimal) and may be the cause of the problem,

Also, I think I changed the capability in my Netatmo Rain sensor.

Yet it doesnā€™t seem to be working.

Whatā€™s odd is that when I refresh the device I still see the states named as the old attributes.

Guys
I this is a result of me using a method to confirm that the input is not a string.

This is probably forcing a whole number
Iā€™ll look at this in the morning and use a different method.

Itā€™s a bit too late here in the UK to start troubleshooting code :slight_smile:

Andy

If you change the name of state.variables in the driver it normally doesnā€™t forget the old ones.

Unfortunately the only way I know how to get rid of them is to remove the device and recreate it using the new state variables

Andy

Mine is set to mm too (probably why I havenā€™t noticed before either)

Andy

1 Like

OK
Updated version of child: 2.4.3 uploaded to GitHub with a fix
Updated version of parent: 1.3.0 uploaded to GitHub

Andy

Just edit the driver code and add a method to remove the state variable instead of deleting the device. Take a lot less hassle.

1 Like

??? Lost me on that one

I'm with @Cobra on this one and have had to remove the device and reinstall a new one to clear old states. I am not familiar with what you are saying here? Could you give an example on how to "add a method to remove the state variable"? I would find that very helpful.

Thanks.