Updated to 2.2.9.129, now most z-wave are no longer S2 Autenticated

You certainly don't have to do that. Does hitting refresh button on the Z-Wave Details page for the device, fixes the S2 flag?

Does nothing for me. :slight_smile:

AND

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 3.25.15 PM

The community tool ZWave Mesh Details gets the same result.

That worked for me on the Ring contact sensors.....hitting refresh corrects the Z-wave details page.

1 Like

Ok, after going though each device info page AND TAKING NOTES, I found that the ones that were mis-displayed were S0 and the refresh did fix that.

I really have 5 joined as S0 and only 1 joined as S2 Auth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hitting Refresh (multiple times) didn't help. Hub shutdown-unplug-wait-plug-back (multiple times) didn't help. :frowning:

Ok.. Who still is have issues with this? .. After reboot and refresh button on nodes? ..

And is it affecting the actual function of the devices, or is it cosmetic?

And how many devices are affected?

1 Like

My devices finally got refreshed. I guess I have some noise/unexpected traffic/other interference on my z-wave network. I waited overnight and was able to get all my mains-powered devices back on S2 Auth. With shutdown-power-cycle and then Refresh. In fact it went very smooth after overnight wait.

2 Likes

I noticed this after the ZWave SDK update as well. After the devices refreshed it eventually came back with the proper info.

1 Like

yes just updated to 2.2.9.130
all but one ring extender did not show s2.

fx does not seem to be affected.

refresh fixed all but one which is a homseer battery device.. which is probably why it didnt fix it.

i have 11 s2 devices as far as i can tell by going through each driver and looking.. only one was correct..

I largely had the same experience, though I only noticed after the most recent upgrade to 2.2.9.146, with all but two of my devices showing no security. For me the devices all still worked. Manually refreshing each device fixed it for all but 3 (out of ~40 devices). After waiting a couple days, one GE and one Zooz switch I had to remove and repair to get security back. One of my Zooz outdoor motion sensors I'll need to repair as well. I'm guessing this is because it's battery operated.

For me, it is concerning that my Schlage door lock is showing Security "None" in the Z-wave settings. However, in the actual device it is showing S2=4, but I am not sure what that means.

Don't think 4 is a valid value. IIRC it should be one of:

131 → S2 Authenticated
129 → S2 Unauthenticated
128 → S0

1 Like

Wonder what the result would be if you could requery the data from the device...

0=no security
1=S2 unauth
2=S2 auth
(3=S2 unauth + auth)
4=S2 access control
128 = S0

It is really S2=3 that there shouldn't be one of. Unless @bcopeland is doing voodoo again (or something else like reporting bit #, 1 referenced, instead of the bitmask value in decimal). I was wrong again, see 2 posts below.

2 Likes

I.imagine its.incorrect b?cause if the device was joined with s2 and thinks it has it and the hub.is.not using it I.imagine things wouldn't work?

S2 =3 is authenticated and unauthenticated grants

2 Likes

Curses. Multiple bits gets me again. :wink:

2 Likes

Just looking through my Zwave devices I have some using the
S2:1, S2:2…
and others using the
S2:128, S2:129…

129 is S0 and S2 Unauthenticated

So, I was looking up another issue (related) and came across this thread. I was still having this issue and thinking I was the only one as support told me no one else had mentioned this when I e-mailed them in February. Long story short, what I did to get them reporting correctly was to to a repair of each individual item that was showing incorrectly. Other things I tried: Refresh, reboot, Shutdown and disconnect power, Turn Z Wave radio off then back on...... None of those worked.

I stumbled on the trick when dealing with trying to update one that reported "none" when it was actually "S2" and the update acted weird.

Now that they are identified, I am using the Swap Apps Device feature to remove these items and re-pair them with no security. Hopefully, that prevents the issue from recurring.

For the record, that Swap Apps Device utility works great, EXCEPT for confusing the child LED devices on the Innovelli reds. For those, I had to delete all the child devices and then toggle the "create child LED" off then on to get them back.

1 Like