[Updated] Super Tile - Icons have arrived! :)

You are welcome!

This is not really possible, the platform does not really allow me to do this

Andy

That's the way I wrote it :slight_smile:
You can easily change the values to 'false' if you prefer.
However, this is required for a later feature

Andy

Hi @cobra, I'm going to use some of your apps for sure!
I thank you for any line of your precious code.
Neverthless I think you shoud'nt be so negative about the fact HE officially incorporates some funcionalities you worked it about.
From the user point of view a feature provided by HE is a feature HE aggree to support. That is a value for me and assure that in the future that will be available in any way.
What if you'd, in a distopic future.., decide to give up with Hubitat Platform because of a bad argue with Bruce :slight_smile: ?
Be happy to be recongnized as an "early bird" and fly high pushing the HE to integrate new feature !

:slight_smile:

@roberto
I suspect that English is not your 1st language so you may not understand my very British humour

Actually, I have never been negative about either the HE team or the platform.
My complaints were only a joke, which was taken in the correct way by @bravenel and other team members at the time.

Andy

2 Likes

Yes. And I noticed illuminance was wrong on the super tile but right elsewhere.

It may be that the average all driver is not updating the attribute to the tile correctly.
If you put it on a 'normal' attribute tile does it update correctly?

It's not just Average All. This is where I first noticed it.

SuperTile lux is getting it's value from the same device as the tile below. The Tile below is correct, the SuperTile is NOT.
Edit: device is below. Temp and humidity is correct, illuminance is not, for some reason.

Here is the relevant app page

Hmmm..
I'm having trouble reproducing this problem.
seems to be working correctly for me.

Can you do two things for me?

1. Change the refresh rate in the app to 1 minute.
  2. Turn on the app debug logging

Tile lux has not changed from 4.....

Can you check the device page for the display device please?
What does that show as CustomDisplay?
Does it show the correct value for the lux?

Line 4 C is showing 4 (incorrect).

Joking aside - licensing is a very important issue that will only get worse the larger HE becomes. Dev's need a way to protect their code from others and HE if they can - I am with you on that.

Seems like going the opensource route was rejected even though HE's systems wouldn't exist without the software developed under it. As an aside I'm not sure they are in compliance with the software they are using so that will have to be addressed at some point. Kind of disappointing really. I think I should review the TOS again...

1 Like

Not in the app.
The actual display virtual device that you created for this tile

Interesting. The device page showed 4. I looked at the dash again, and it showed 0 (the correct value), confusion reigns supreme then I refreshed the device page, and it then correctly updated to 0.

In my experience, device attributes have always updated instantly???

Edit: it's now changed to 4 again, whilst the actual lux is 0......very weird

Can you please turn on the logging for that device
When the value changes, it should show it has received it in the log

I will look at line4C to check the code.

@Cobra
Just two minor issues (I don't know if related to your code or Hubitat backend)

• when you change from DeviceAttribute to text, then DeviceAttribute isn't cleared and event subscription it's keept (maybe multiple times if meanwhile DeviceAttribute has been moved to another field)
  • I have some lines that are not highlighted bold even if they have some configurations inside, I have state line3done = false even if I tried to hit done (making also changes) multiple times

You would need to set the line column to 'Click to Set' to remove the subscription.
Next time you save it, the subscription should be removed.

You need to click 'Done' on the line but ALSO click 'Done' on the child app.
Next time you do into it, it should show as configured.

Andy

Something weird occured (in the middle)

@mike not sure what is happening here.
I would delete the device then re download the code and recreate
Something must be corrupt somewhere as nobody else is reporting any problems and I can't recreate