[Updated] Super Tile - Icons have arrived! :)

A standard 'attribute' tile is always centred

The quickest way to 'nudge' something over is to use the html for a space.

If you add a couple of these to the right of a picture URL or text, it will move it left
Add them before the text or picture URL and it will move the other way

(because you are centering everything including the space)

Try it! :slight_smile:

I hope to poke around on it very soon. Very cool app/driver combo, and EXTREMELY useful - so thanks for that!!!

1 Like

You could also try this in a text box:

< style="text-align:right;"> Text </>

Although I haven't tried this yet and it won't work for an attribute

Need this: :slight_smile:

<table style="width:100%">
<tr>
<th>Name</th>
<th>Value</th>
<th>Unit</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>TEMP1</td>
<td>11</td>
<td>C</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>TEMP2</td>
<td>10</td>
<td>C</td>
</tr>
</table>

This is something that I may be able to incorporate later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tables take up too many characters.. don't forget you only have 1024 for the whole tile

1 Like

No worries. It is great as-is.

Table formatting is just a potential candidate for a future wish list. :slight_smile:

True. That example was 204 chars. The table HTML takes up a ton of chars.

Having said that...
I just pasted your table code into a text box

1 Like

So it is possible
You would just have to use the table code and have the attributes in a separate column

Unfortunately, with the font colour formatting etc, this comes to 359 characters already

Need Hubitat to increase the limit to 4096. :smile:

Thanks for checking that, though, I'm looking forward to hacking together some super tiles!

1 Like

I believe the reason for the limit is loading times (especially from the cloud)

@patrick did mention he would consider a sort of switch to increase the limit if you were prepared to accept slow loading times. (Not sure if that was agreed to though)

Up to now, my tiles have not come close to the 1024 limit, but your table formatting may be too much.
BTW, if you reach the limit a message will be displayed on the tile and in the logs

Like this..

I realise he must be conscious though of the load on the cloud servers

Andy

The character number is also displayed on the device page

Realistically, I can live without table formatting. It would be nice, and I think looks a lot cleaner, but it certainly is not a deal breaker!

I can see their side of this. You know as soon as they increase it, someone will try to make a 30 tile dashboard with 4000 char each and complain that it loads slowly. :smile:

1 Like

Exactly!

You should be able to cut that down, to the best of my knowledge the closing tags </th>, </tr> and</td> are no longer required in modern browsers. In the above example I think that would save you 60 characters.

1 Like

Worse than that, it won't load via cloud links but works via lan links.

1 Like

I looked it up, you are right. The closing tags are listed as optional in the W3C spec. So it is technically valid for HTML4/5, but is not valid for XHTML.

Sorry, I'm new to user created devices and apps on Hubitat, with ST they wouldn't work local. Will they work local on Hubitat as long as your not pulling weather data remotely or other images via URLs?

Thanks.

If the data is coming from a local source (e.g. Hubitat devices) then yes it will work without an internet connection.

1 Like