[Updated] Super Tile - Icons have arrived! :)

I don't... Then it would be hard to share tags/code between users.

Not sure what you mean?
The special characters would not be hard coded into the app

Maybe I'm wrong then...

But I'm thinking - hey that looks pretty cool on his tile, I'd like to steal/reuse that... Copy, paste into mine, and oh... doesn't work... I specified a different special character... Now I need to go massage it all.

I am not sure how it is implemented yet, but I would use the { } as the default in the coding and only IF a user has a need to show these characters on the dashboard the user could change it via configuration. I bet that 95% of users would never change it

Probably 99.9%
(Unless HE decide to block special characters, in which case you can use a group of letters)

1 Like

OK...
So after a little reconfig...

This works perfectly it seems..

1 Like

Jason
This can only be seen in an app on your hub
If you can see how my app is configured then I have a serious security problem :slight_smile:

I know that. :slight_smile: I was thinking more if people post their code when asked. Anyway, not a big deal either way.

Glad you got a straight forward work around figured out!

1 Like

I would encourage people to use the default { & } unless they can't :slight_smile:
(Or unless HE remove the ability to use special characters)

Considering I even suggested this as a viable alternative, I highly doubt we will block this. This is exactly what bbcode and the like do on forums like this.

3 Likes

Patrick, that is great to hear
Thank You!

Andy

I can probably remove the special character input I just coded then
I'll just hard code { & } as the defaults :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Will you be releasing an update for the parser sometime soon? :slight_smile:

We are just doing some final beta testing
This version is not just the parse of the html but a release with the ability to use icons.
It will be released very soon but I’m doing some final debugging before release

I will take a leaf out of HE’s book here and say it will be released when it’s ready :slight_smile:
But it will be soon.

Andy

4 Likes

A new version with the Icons feature has just been released.
This also has a work around for HTML input fields
Check out the 1st post for details

Andy

3 Likes

Great work Andy.

The icons make it so much clearer than on or off text.:clap:

4 Likes

Looks great!
Great example thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Easy enough to configure??

Very easy I thought.

To test it, I just uploaded your icons for switch on and off to my ImgBB account. It was really quick to set up the links in the icon setup area, and I then just changed what had been an attribute field to an icon field. Took less than 10 mins from downloading the latest code to having a working example.

1 Like

Brilliant!
I tried to make it as easy as possible

1 Like