[Updated] Super Tile - Icons have arrived! :)

Kevin
I sent you a PM

Andy

@Geoff_T
:exploding_head:
How are you monitoring your dishwasher status? That is freaking cool.
Do you monitor other appliances? Refrigerator, washer, dryer? I want to do the same, but clueless newbie.

@Cobra - As soon as I have something with attributes worth monitoring, I am jumping on this.

YF

I monitor the dishwasher and washer/dryer.

You need to have the appliance plugged in via an energy monitoring socket. I use Aeotec smart sockets. I also set up a couple of virtual switches per appliance, one for active or not, and one for needs emptying or not. Then you just need to watch the energy that the appliance uses during a cycle so that you can set your rules accordingly.

So for my dishwasher for example, if energy consumption goes above 10W switch on the active switch, if it goes below 2W switch it off and switch on the needs emptying switch. Depending on your appliance you can even automate the switching off of the "needs emptying" switch. For our washer dryer it takes 1.5W when it has finished the cycle but the display is still on, but when turned to off on the machine it uses 0W so I use that reduction to to 0W to turn off the needs emptying switch. For the dishwasher it was too new and "eco" to do that and dropped to 0W after a time anyway so I couldn't use that method. But I managed to squeeze in a magnetic door sensor switch behind the bottom of the door, so that as soon as the door is fully opened it turns off the needs emptying switch.

It was a bit of effort to set up, but it's really convenient. I have our Sonos speaker ("Jeeves") announce when either needs emptying and repeats every 10 mins until we empty them. So if we put them on and then go out, we never forgot they've been on when we get back.

2 Likes

Wow. That sounds like a fun project. How is the WAF?

It's probably her favourite part of my system to have Jeeves politely say "Excuse me Madam and Sir, the washer dryer has finished" Especially as she gets headline billing!

1 Like

My HTML tags are no longer saving when creating new super tiles. Is this happening with anyone else?

nvm.. just realized the latest updates no longer allows it. :weary::weary::weary:

Changes from 2.0.9:

Platform Additions / Changes

• Device Details loads driver list in background, speeding up page loading and now has a search by driver name.
  • Apps UI inputs no longer allow any script or html tags in user input fields.

Yeah, I kind of miss this myself--or assume I would. I haven't updated my "dashboard" hub yet for this reason. I'm sure users could shoot themselves in the foot with by doing stupid things here (the most innocent of which is probably just not closing a tag).

I wonder if it would be possible to add it on the app side on a per-field basis, e.g., an option to make a cell/row/column bold, differently sized, etc. (really all I use is bold to make attribute-type text stand out from its corresponding value--and they're both in different columns, so I could see something like this working--but I'm not sure how others use this former Hubitat "feature"). Perhaps just a box we could check to allow specific formatting. Or even a box to type HTML (sans angle brackets which the app will add in) before and after rows or columns ourselves. In either case, I could see that making the UI quite messy. :confused:

Yeah exactly why I use it. Looks much cleaner making the attribute change stand out.

If you don't open/save your super tile line page, it will retain the settings.
However, if you do... this is what happens

'Current Weather' used to look like 'Forecast Weather' before I re-saved it

I can probably do something about this by directly coding some options, but it will take a while to work out and to recode the app

Andy

Yup that’s what I’ve learned when playing around with it. A lot of my settings no longer worked.

It’s be great if you could adjust the app to allow such styling. No rush :smirk:

LOL...
this will take a while (I will have to recode each slot!)

Another one I use a lot is < br >

Not sure what to do with that

Make your own parser, e.g. use {br} and replace it within the app with html tags to make it < br >
You could do that almost for any html tag and just not use the < > to identify the tag...

3 Likes

Excellent idea!
let me try something...

YEAH!!!!!

Thanks to @dan.t's excellent idea I now have.....

I have coded a method to internally replace '{' & '}' with '<' & '>'

So...
what was originally entered in the text box as:
< font color="FF0000" face="Open sans light" size= 6 > Current Weather < /font >

I have re-entered as:
{font color="FF0000" face="Open sans light" size= 6}Current Weather {/font}
(Which the text box accepts because it's not using correct html tags)

5 Likes

In theory, you should be able to use any html tag by just replacing < and > with curly brackets

(Until this 'feature' is removed ) :imp:

4 Likes

And we will find another way when that happens :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can just keep changing the special characters
If special characters are excluded then I'll use a 'special word' or group of letters :slight_smile:

You could let the user configure what the special character is if you want to get fancy. Just in case a user uses the { as is.... or a series of characters as }#% is <

Unlimited possibilities...

3 Likes

I like that idea...