[Updated] Presence Central

Ah!

I've just checked the code
I've realised that I've only enabled it on 'single presence' mode.
I'll have a look at this and update it again sometime today.

Andy

Try hitting your update button :slight_smile:
(new child version)

1 Like

I'd like to use this to make announcements via @ogiewon's Alexa TTS app.

When I select "Speak a Message" as the action, all I see is my Sonos speaker. It looks like Presence Central is looking for a device with capability.musicPlayer where the Alexa child devices are defined with capability.speechSynthesis.

If I modify the child app to work with Speech Synthesis devices as well, would you accept a PR?

I’m sorry, but I don’t accept pull requests.
I will, however; look at adding a speech synth capability.

Andy

No problem. It's only a few lines of code and working great here! I'll just maintain a separate fork until you've got it done yourself.

1 Like

Yeah
I have already written the code for Message Central so it won’t take me long to integrate it.

Andy

@btk
It's a bit more than "only a few lines of code" because of the different volume commands in the quiet volume setting etc.
But it's done.

Version 3.5.0 of the child uploaded to GitHub

Have a test and see if it works ok for you
It seems to work find for me :slight_smile:

Andy

2 Likes

So I realized the other day that my original install of Presence Central was not converted to the Cobra Apps screen. I added Presence Central to it and it didn't transfer the original settings over so now I have 2 Presence Central apps.

Unfortunately Scott when installing into Cobra Apps for the first time you will need to recreate your installation of Presence Central., then delete the old installation.

Andy

That is NOT what I wanted to read..... uggg

Do you really want to use the Cobra Apps parent container, or do you just want to have the updated version of the app? If it's the latter, the Presence Central parent app (and all of the Cobra app parent apps, not to be confused with the Cobra Apps parent app :laughing: ) have a line like parent: "Cobra:Cobra Apps" that you can just delete or comment out. That's what I've been doing to avoid needing to re-create my apps inside the parent app.

It's failing since the devices I'm sending to don't support setVolume().

[error] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'setVolume' is not supported by device. on line 1502 (checkPresenceAgain)

What device are you using?

It's the Alexa TTS device from this thread:

Does is have any volume command or do I just need to not send a volume command?

Nope, just speak(). The capability reference doesn't list any volume-related commands for SpeechSynthesis either.

OK
I have added an in-app switch to NOT send the volume command.
Just turn this off if you don't want to set the volume level
I can't test this correctly as I don't have the device.
Please let me know if it doesn't work for you (or if it does! :slight_smile:)

V3.6.0 of the child uploaded to github.

Andy

Working great! Thanks, Andy.

1 Like

I'm having error like this
Metadata Error: Parent App 'Cobra:Cobra Apps' not found on line 53

when I try to save, always happening for this line

definition(

Any quick fix?

You can do one of two things..
Install the ‘Cobra Apps’ container or you can comment out (by putting // in front of it ) line 53

Hubitat.uk

Andy