[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

This one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F956F3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just installed a couple of these on my front and back doors. And plan to add some more for windows, love them so far, adding 1 for the garage door isnt a deal breaker. Does it continue to work with MyQ as in will it know if the door is open or close, or does that not really matter?

I am just trying to automate the parts of my house that is needed, but really would like to NEVER open the other apps....

That is the sensor I use. It doesn't change the way that MyQ works, that sensor only supplements Hubitat.

1 Like

Yup that's the one (there are cheaper brands out there too... things add up when you need a million sensors!)

I agree, I'm at the point where I've gotten my app usage down to just a few, HEOS, and Ring). Working on getting it down to zero!

1 Like

@Dauntless4rcher

If you have a GoControl contact (door/window) sensor (WADWAZ-1), it can be converted very easily into a tilt sensor by connecting a tilt switch (costs about 50 cents or less) to the external contacts. Here's an example from my garage door.

3 Likes

@dman2306 HEOS, really? I saw that my new Denon (basically bought for atmos) had this feature, but havent even looked at it. What functionality do you gain out of it? I could probably be convinced. Honestly havent even dug into what all my new receiver can do in the connected category....

I have a bunch of HEOS speakers around the house (plus in the AVR) and I use them for text to speech announcements and music control. I have a HEOS integration for HE built, there is also a built in device driver for Denon AVRs.

1 Like

This is the app code I am running, is this the right one?

And the Driver Code....

Yeah except if you buy a sensor you’ll stop using the nosensor version and switch to the one that uses a sensor. The nosensor doesn’t report state whereas sensor does

1 Like

Thanks.

But after switching to the "Garage Control" Template, the button does not work at all for opening or closing the door.

I had to uninstall the app and re-install it after I got sensors to put on my door.

Yeah I'd recommend doing that after switching to the sensor version.

Thanks.... Not in possession of an extra sensor yet. And my current Garage Control button isn't working. Do I need to go back to the two button method until i do this?

Sorry I'm not sure, I've never used the No Sensor driver. Perhaps someone else here knows?

Apologies for not reading the "Read Me" in, as the answer to my question may already be in there.

I have a MyQ enabled garage door motor. This means that it does not have a separate sensor for the garage door open / closed, but the information is there somewhere. (Both the MyQ app, and Wink was able to determine if the door was open or closed).

Does this version of the app / driver support the open / close data coming from a MyQ enabled motor?

1 Like
  1. Not after June 1st.
  2. You will need an external z-wave or zigbee door sensor to use your MyQ garage door with Hubitat (or SmartThings).
2 Likes

@aaiyar, I agree that not after June 1st, but that's besides the point. The reason I have a Hubitat is that it replaces the Wink, so it's a lot sooner than June 1st in this instance.

Is it that the current version of the code does not support getting position data from the motor? And if so, is it the driver or app (or both) that requires updating to include pulling this data?

I think you need to read the documentation for the app.

1 Like

No, you need a sensor on the door for Hubitat to read the position.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I installed the no sensor driver version before I got a sensor. That only ever worked with the two button method setup (or the two buttons hidden behind applicable virtual button/switch - up/on to Garage Door Opener, down/off using Garage Door Closer).

1 Like