[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

I just read through this and made the change. Awesome! I'm working again. It was hit and miss but today it just said no more. All good now.

Noob question...sorry. I had everything working before, but like others, it stopped working. I understand I need to change something, but I’m not quite sure where to make the changes. Any help??? Thanks!

You need to update the code. There is a new version of the app available.

1 Like

I get that part, but where exactly....thanks

Do I have to delete everything and start from scratch?

You don't need to delete anything. If you installed it from github, simply paste the new code in over the code you previously pasted.

My recommendation though would be, if you're struggling with how to update apps, you might want to take a look at [BETA] Hubitat Package Manager which automates managing apps and drivers for you including updating them.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just installed Hubitat Package Manager... what a smart piece of code. This is very helpful. It found and updated exactly what I was trying to do... Thanks again!!!

2 Likes

Hello all, thank you for the code. I tried searching the thread before posting my issue.

I'm able to open and close my garage in the device section, but I can not control in a Dashboard. I've selected the Garage (Control) template and still nothing. I saw a few screenshots of other dashboards but nothing on how they operate. I would think 1 tile is all you need to control open and close, but I can't get the tile to do either action.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to hear the solution.

Are there any errors in the logs?

let me see if I can find any logs for the dashboard.

Found them: Same for closer tile and opener tile

dev:1322020-07-16 07:13:18.935 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_432.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:1322020-07-16 07:12:39.234 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_432.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:1322020-07-16 07:04:52.677 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_432.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

This is just for the normal garage device:
dev:1302020-07-16 07:08:50.735 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_434.closePrep() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: close() (closePrep)

dev:1302020-07-16 07:08:24.114 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_MyQ_Garage_Door_Opener_434.openPrep() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: open(), grep() (openPrep)

Which code did you select (with tilt sensor, or without)?

Do you have a tilt sensor on the door, and specified in the app? (NOT the one included with your opener)

1 Like

with tilt sensor. I purchased awhile ago from Amazon. It came with the wifi hub and door sensor.

In the app, I've

If you are talking about the Chamberlain/MyQ sensor, that does not work for this app.

1 Like

Only in the Dashboard, opening or closing is not working. In the Devices > Garage device, I can click on the commands and it'll open/close. Just can't get that transferred over to a dashboard.

AH, really? It seemed like that's what everyone else had. So I removed everything and tried the "No Sensor" approach and same results.

Let me try again

Following up on what @neonturbo wrote:

Please read the documentation that accompanies the MyQ app.

You need a zigbee/zwave/virtual contact or tilt sensor for the app to work correctly.

I can't remember the details exactly, but I seem to remember that you have to check an additional setting in the MyQ (Hubitat) app to use this without a tilt sensor. I think that made open and close buttons from what I recall? I also seem to remember that you cannot use the Garage (Control) without a tilt sensor.

Most people seem to use the Samsung door tilt sensor (multi-sensor) with this app.

2 Likes

I was able to use the rules app to create a workaround.

I was trying to figure out how to get my z-wave thermostat to work and they mentioned using a virtual switch so it worked with my garage.

2 Likes