[UPDATED] iPhone WiFi Presence Sensor

Just did the save preferences. Will update sooon.

Goes without saying, but Thank you so much for this app.
My Presence on HE has been 1000x more reliable thanks to this add-in as a factor in my combined presence.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Same here. It's an excellent app and now my Combined Presence routines are bullet proof. But the first thing I did was rename it to remove the annoying and unnecessary reference to Apple products lol :smile:

4 Likes

Hi all
This looks like a really good addition to the portfolio of presence detection.

I am seeking something a bit different, to test a Local LAN device static Ip 'ping' like and if not responding then action a rule.

Will this work to help?

That's effectively what this does.

This driver has some customizations that are specifically for how smartphones behave. However, I also have a more general purpose HTTP sensor. You might give it a try.

LOL I did the same!! Mine says "Android Presence Sensor". I was doing some troubleshooting with support a while back and he says "I've never heard of that Android Presence Sensor app, but it threw an error in your logs". I had forgotten to hit "Save Preferences" after the last update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks
I am testing whether a Raspberry Pi is still on the network.
I dont think it has HTTP active and I was trying to encapsulate whether a ping responded or timeout...

I don't believe you can send true pings from Hubitat. At least I couldn't figure out how. However, if your pi is running anything at all that opens an http port, my http presence sensor has a good chance of working with it.

I've been running into an issue after updating to the most recent release of HE.

In particular the two drivers I have for this for my wife and me are getting stuck in either "present" or away.

I'm not sure how I'm getting stuck in away as I didn't have logs set when that happened. And I had to manually "refresh" to get into present.

It seems as if the device just stops checking after an HE upgrade, but I'm having a hard time proving this besides looking at the "last event" and how it aligns to my last HE update.

I just tested mine on the latest HE release. Seems to be working for me. Here's what I would recommend:

1. Make sure you have the latest code for my driver.
  2. Go into the device page. Click "Save Preferences".

To test it out:

1. Have two windows open. One with the device page. One watching the HE logs.
  2. Make sure "Enable Debug Logging?" is turned on. Click "Save Preferences".
  3. Wake up your phone. Hit refresh several times. The presence should be "present".
  4. Turn off wifi on your phone. Quickly hit refresh about 10 times. The presence should change to "not present".
  5. If that doesn't work, send me the output of the logs screen.

Thanks @jwetzel1492 can I find out if there are any http ports open?

Run one of these commands (on the Raspberry Pi):

I figure out what the issue is, which isn't unique to this driver, but I do think it might be solvable in your driver.

In particular, this seems to happen everytime I upgrade my Hubitat to a new version. What I suspect is happening is if your 'scheduled' check overlaps with any of the downtown for Hubitat, a new scheduled check never happens, so the driver is stuck from that moment on.

That, or something about hubitat upgrades are nuking driver schedules in general.

Does that seem feasible?

Ooh, let me check it out!

Ok, I examined my code. If that is what's happening, it would be a Hubitat scheduler bug, and unfortunately I don't know of an event I could key off of to reset the schedule. I haven't verified the behavior you're describing though. I can try, the next time an HE update releases.

3 Likes

Any solution here? This is another community drivers/apps that have failed or started acting strange since updating HE to 2.2.x.

Can you describe your issue? I’m not seeing any bugs on my end.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was still trying to figure out the problem. I'm having the same issue with apps and automations failing to run after some time -- I think your suggestion about a new HE scheduler bug is true, this problem doesn't seem to be unique to your driver.

It’s certainly possible, though I haven’t experienced it. I’d suggest reporting it to Support.

1 Like