[UPDATED] iPhone WiFi Presence Sensor

Huh! Color me suprised. I guess I didnt know how it worked before the update. Thanks.

Yeah I did both save settings and save preferences, I’ll try again later today. It's quite possible those logs occurred between the driver update and the save preferences, I'll monitor today. You were right, those logs must have been between the update and pressing save preferences as i haven't seen them repeat. Thanks!

1 Like

works with the S10+ galaxy android

I'm working on moving my home network over to a new unifi system. All smart home devices will be on a IoT vlan and mobile device on the main. Will the WiFi presence sensor still work?

Just from what I have read regarding other wifi devices and Hubitat, they need to be on the same vlan. I may be wrong, but It was my understanding that you wouldn't be able to locally control hubitat either from a device on a different vlan.

Check this app out if you're switching to Unifi. I use that one along with this one to feed a combined WiFi presence sensor.

I'm having an error show up whenever the system tries to refresh the status of the phone.

dev:6422020-04-21 10:54:51.038 am errorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Integer#div. Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between: [class java.lang.Character] [class java.lang.Number] on line 98 (refresh)

I reloaded from the github to ensure I have the latest code (was doing that all last night), but could have missed one.

Edit: Just saw above you mentioned the need to hit "save preference" on each device I have.
I just did that and will monitor.

I'm seeing this same error:

2020-04-21 08:42:39.086 am [error](http://192.168.0.51/device/edit/54)groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Integer#div. Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between: [class java.lang.Character] [class java.lang.Number] on line 98 (refresh)

Sadly I didn't back-up the older driver.

Just did the save preferences. Will update sooon.

Goes without saying, but Thank you so much for this app.
My Presence on HE has been 1000x more reliable thanks to this add-in as a factor in my combined presence.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Same here. It's an excellent app and now my Combined Presence routines are bullet proof. But the first thing I did was rename it to remove the annoying and unnecessary reference to Apple products lol :smile:

4 Likes

Hi all
This looks like a really good addition to the portfolio of presence detection.

I am seeking something a bit different, to test a Local LAN device static Ip 'ping' like and if not responding then action a rule.

Will this work to help?

That's effectively what this does.

This driver has some customizations that are specifically for how smartphones behave. However, I also have a more general purpose HTTP sensor. You might give it a try.

LOL I did the same!! Mine says "Android Presence Sensor". I was doing some troubleshooting with support a while back and he says "I've never heard of that Android Presence Sensor app, but it threw an error in your logs". I had forgotten to hit "Save Preferences" after the last update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks
I am testing whether a Raspberry Pi is still on the network.
I dont think it has HTTP active and I was trying to encapsulate whether a ping responded or timeout...

I don't believe you can send true pings from Hubitat. At least I couldn't figure out how. However, if your pi is running anything at all that opens an http port, my http presence sensor has a good chance of working with it.

I've been running into an issue after updating to the most recent release of HE.

In particular the two drivers I have for this for my wife and me are getting stuck in either "present" or away.

I'm not sure how I'm getting stuck in away as I didn't have logs set when that happened. And I had to manually "refresh" to get into present.

It seems as if the device just stops checking after an HE upgrade, but I'm having a hard time proving this besides looking at the "last event" and how it aligns to my last HE update.

I just tested mine on the latest HE release. Seems to be working for me. Here's what I would recommend:

1. Make sure you have the latest code for my driver.
  2. Go into the device page. Click "Save Preferences".

To test it out:

1. Have two windows open. One with the device page. One watching the HE logs.
  2. Make sure "Enable Debug Logging?" is turned on. Click "Save Preferences".
  3. Wake up your phone. Hit refresh several times. The presence should be "present".
  4. Turn off wifi on your phone. Quickly hit refresh about 10 times. The presence should change to "not present".
  5. If that doesn't work, send me the output of the logs screen.

Thanks @jwetzel1492 can I find out if there are any http ports open?