Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

thanks for doing this. however as posted earlier on this thread ... i am still planning on sharing a driver for apixu.com ... something that works for use cases that i have in mind.

since this one will not work for that purpose and so users dont get confused ... would you mind removing this from here and posting it on one of your other threads?

thank you.

o i wouldnt be concerned about that. its about the user experience. need to be able to provide something that works for other users like myself without pws and outdoor lux sensors. :slight_smile:

thank you.

Did you complete the driver yet?
Iā€™m interested to see the outcome

sorry got distracted with some ST issues. will probably put out the first version this weekend.

first version is done ... going to check the illuminance calculation a bit more ... not intended to be scientific but should be consistent relatively. there is a bit more to do in deriving illuminance ... specially on rainy or snowy days ... will work on that for the next version.

this dashboard only shows some of the attributes available in the driver ... there are some more that apixu returns that i am not publishing yet but if someone has a use for them will be happy to start publishing those as well.

when i post the driver will also post all of the attributes available from apixu so you can see what else may be available.

4 Likes

This is looking really good! As someone without a PWS, I thank you for putting it together.

2 Likes

This is fantastic. I'm only tracking temp/RH and PB, with so many other published weather stations near by, so aggregation is exactly that I'm hoping for. This will be even nicer when we have the ability to add custom images to the dashboard tiles.

1 Like

btw thinking of making the clock in the lower right corner a realtime clock that updates every 1 minute ... so when calling f&f its a easy way to look up their time on the dashboard ... like if you plan to have dashboard running on couple of tablets around the house.

1 Like

Great idea. One of the big selling features of the Acurite weather display I have in my kitchen was the big clock right at the top of the display. Getting ready in the morning, its frequently checked and I would argue more important than the weather readings at that time of day.

1 Like

anyone willing to give the driver a try before i post it here?

Always happy to play.
Will pm you.

1 Like

not sure it's too late but I am willing to give it a try.

1 Like

PM-ed you.

updated main post with new driver.

1 Like

So far everything is working great except illuminance which I understand will be out in the next release. Great job Bangali!

1 Like

please update to latest version posted in the top post. that should have illuminance working. after that if it still does not show illuminance data check the logs for any error and ping me with any errors. but shouldnt be ... i have 3 instances of the driver device and all are calculating illuminance and showing it.

any user that uses or like to use this driver and live somewhere where its raining or snowing? if you are willing to try a new version of the driver that factors these weather conditions in to the illuminance calculation and give me feedback so i can make any needed adjustments ... please ping me.

thanks.

Firstly thanks for doing this and nice to have a weather option in Hubitat for us non PWS users and useful to be able to have a weather dashboard.

Like @Navat604 says Illuminance was not working for me either so hoping your wouldn't mind I had a look in the code and added
state.localTime = localTime
just above updateLux() at line 157

Several ways to skin a cat but it seems to fix it.

Can't help with rain or snow as I'm in Southern UK and it's unusually Hot and Sunny at the moment.

1 Like

We can but hope!!!!! :wink:

thank you. sorry there was a bad if check in updatelux(...) and since the value was persisted in my state variable from an older version it was working for me. updated it ... it should work now.

@Navat604 code in main post is updated with the fix.