Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

ha … thats probably the silent filtering feature of the exchange server you are seeing in action :wink:

1 Like

Wow, nice driver!. I'm sorry I waited so long to try it. Everything is really close to my PWS, except the wind. Even though I entered my coordinates, they're pulling from a station about 7 kilometers away. That reading is 6 km/h and my readings are 0 right now.

Thank you for all the work put into this!

1 Like

have you tried using lat,long instead?

you are welcome.

edit: any of these should work without the q=

* Latitude and Longitude (Decimal degree) e.g: q=48.8567,2.3508
* city name e.g.: q=Paris
* US zip e.g.: q=10001
* UK postcode e.g: q=SW1
* Canada postal code e.g: q=G2J
* metar:<metar code> e.g: q=metar:EGLL
* iata:<3 digit airport code> e.g: q=iata:DXB
* auto:ip IP lookup e.g: q=auto:ip
* IP address (IPv4 and IPv6 supported) e.g: q=100.0.0.1

Yep. That's what I meant by coordinates. Not a problem since I do have an anemometer on the roof now :grinning: Just really cool to have all the other data that I didn't have.

you mean i was supposed to read the entire post before responding? sorry. :blush:

1 Like

Funny. I know you did. Most would say lat, long. I just speak abnormally :wink:

1 Like

true i did. but somehow in my mind i glossed over the coordinate part and just thought you were using zipcode like most. :slight_smile:

Nope. No Zoning Improvement Plan in Canada. That's unique to the US.

i had my suspicion when you said this:

confirmed: canadian. :slight_smile:

Nope. American. California native, but I've lived here for 20 years. You grow into the culture and their way of speaking.

1 Like

details … details. after 20 years there probably canadian in every other way other than your passport? :slight_smile:

btw … thanks for being nice and kind. we miss nice and kind right now.

1 Like

Yep we need to get the clowns out of the driver seat. Still my country. I've never stopped voting.

1 Like

updated main post with contribution from @jebbett to use some cool weather icons. credit for icons as below.

*  Contributors:
*       https://github.com/jebbett      code for new weather icons based on weather condition data.
*       https://www.deviantart.com/vclouds/art/VClouds-Weather-Icons-179152045     new weather icons courtesy of VClouds
2 Likes

Im Loving this my question is would it be benafitial to upgrade my accout to paid especialy regarding illuminance?

1 Like

Since illuminance isn't provided by Apixu, but is instead being calculated, not sure it would help unless you've other reasons.

Adding your own illuminance sensor would cost less in the long run and give you real values.

I never checked apixu to see if they provide more frequently updated data with the paid plans. if they do … it would help by getting more real-time data for weather conditions so your illumination updates would more closely reflect outside cloud cover and condition changes.

otherwise what @SmartHomePrimer said.

thank you for the donations everyone … both for using the driver and showing your appreciation.

it is highly appreciated and keeps me motivated.

@bangali , Hi there, wow, just trying this out and so far it's brilliant. It even works down here in Sydney, AUS :slight_smile:

1 Like

worldwide mate! :wink:

jokes apart … that is awesome to hear. the intent was off course to use a weather api that works worldwide … but its good to hear that it actually works worldwide. :slight_smile:

thank you for trying out the driver and confirming that it also works down under.

Yeah man, it's working great.
I first got it working with city and then also with lat. and long.
I'm currently using the "Attribute" template and then applying "states" or "variables" as "names" for things such as;
visualWithText
humidity
local_sunrise
local_sunset

is the best approach ?

This does however limit how tiles can be coloured, though as if they're all using "Atribute" template then they all change colour when one is changed