Unresponsive hub

Has anyone experienced random periods of time where the hub is not responsive (partially or completely). I have experienced this before, but moments ago, I was able to ping the hub; however, it did to the browser.

I have experienced other times where the hub appears to have gone to sleep or become sluggish responding (though I do not believe there is any power savings on the device). Usually this experience lasts no more than 60 seconds.

I am now over 5 minutes of non-response from the browser. Pings are all under 1 ms.

I am finding this issue away from home so power cycling wonā€™t be an option until tonight.

Is it possible the hub got a power spike?
Do you have it on a UPS or surge suppressor?

Mine did it once before I moved it to a UPS powered socket

Andy

Yes. Hereā€™s an account of my previous issue. However, the cause was inconclusive. My hub is, and has always been on a UPS. May have been my bulbs causing the problem. Theyā€™re ā€œSpecialā€. :wink:

Reboot is for sure the first troubleshooting action you should take. Rolling back like I did might not be a recommended action. I would contact support for their advice instead, should the issues persist after a few reboots.

I am having a similar issue. The hub seems to become unresponsive and automations either donā€™t trigger or take a long time to trigger.
I got my hub last Wednesday and this is the 4th time I have had to reboot because it seems to become really slow or stop all together. I assumed it is because I have been adding devices / apps and playing around with rules and automations - causing it to be a bit unstable or messing up the mesh in general.

But I am loving it :yum:

It should not do that. Contact support@hubitat.com and get assistance from @bobbyD with this.

well, after a reboot it seemed to work. around 10pm i experienced another short period of unresponsiveness that lasted a minute or so. noticeable in zwave devices and web access.

Crazy, started reading this thread and noticed this happened to me. I went to hub URL and it was unresponsive. Minutes ago it was fine.

Yes, I have this issue from time to time, browser just sits and eventually times out

Rick

Tonight it happened on my Android phone using Chrome. Still canā€™t get in yet I can from my Win10 using Chrome.

I have used my phone many times so far, not sure why sometimes I canā€™t. Maybe the issue is more phone related and not Hubitat hub related

Rick

I'm in the same boat. I've had to reboot several times in the past 24 hrs. The hub doesn't become completely unresponsive, but it does become sluggish and automations take a while (usually 5+ secs).

Also, adding devices is significantly less "peppy" this week for me. Many discovered devices, Zwave and Zigbee, just hang for hours and take repeated resets and excludes to actually be added.

1 Like

I too have experienced the unresponsiveness in the form of delayed / slow automation. Typically, nyce motion sensor triggering z-wave dimmer.

The problem is there does not seem to be any pattern or predictability. It DOES NOT only occur after no one has been home for x time or at a certain time.

With the live log open in another tab, are there any errors while attempting to switch devices ON/OFF? Initially with 705 I had an unresponsive interface. Two things changed.

1. I downgraded to 704 and upgraded to 705 a few times in troubleshooting
  2. Two of my bulbs that are a bit troublesome, were not functioning as expected, and I removed an re-paired them.

Not sure which of these things, or if either fixed the issue, but I no longer have an unresponsive UI

I personally havenā€™t seen the hub unresponsive to my Win10\Chrome requests but my android has almost no luck.

Over the past 3 days, I have not been able to reach my hub at all on my phone, Chrome just sits, until this morning, went right in. No changes to anything

Not sure whatā€™s going on
Rick

Regarding automation speed, Iā€™m seeing a 2-3 second delay with automations. This is noticeably slower than ST on the average day.

I also have OH running. Could this be related to OH event syncs?

Open a ticket with support. They can run some diagnostics and see if anything is out if the ordinary. That is not normal.

Thanks, Patrick. Will do!

I am seeing the slow zwave response today. St time it could take up to more than 30 seconds for device to turn on. Could be a bad node but since the zwave repair is dismall, itā€™s hard to narrow it down.

Any ideas ok when weā€™ll get some real zwave diagnostic tools?

I had a few device apis that werenā€™t actually connected to anything that I was trying to get workingā€¦ And I was having some lag issues connecting to hubitat locally. I deleted the apis and suddenly everything was speedy again. It might be some bad code causing the delays. Something to look for.

Iā€™m noticing a significant slow down as well with the UI. Like 5-10 seconds between clicks in the menu. On Widows 10, using chrome. Iā€™ll try to pin point what has changed. Last think I added was the pushover driver, but I have not even used it yet. A reboot seems to fix the problem for a while

How many dashboards do you have installed? Are you polling z-wave devices? I find it helps to clean house and remove unused apps. While I was playing with the Hubitat dashboard I still had smarttiles running as well and I was noticing more lag issues. Iā€™ll switch fully to the hubitat dashboard once they add color tile backgrounds.