Unknown error during Soft Reset

Which Hub hardware platform are you on?

1 Like

I'm on hub-2.2.5.131 on a Rev C-5.

OK. I don't think I can help. I worked through something that sounded similar but it was on a C-7 and I don't know all the differences. I don't want to lead you astray. Probably would be better for you to work with Bobby.

2 Likes

Soft reset even fails with an "Unknown Error Occurred" message.

Can you repeat a soft reset using an anonymous browser window? I want to eliminate a stale browser cache as the underlying issue.

And tagging @bobbyD.

1 Like

Same thing happens in an InPrivate tab. I'm not sure why they removed the option for a Full Reset but since a Soft Reset doesn't work...I doubt a Full Reset would work either.

They buried it another layer deep to avoid people using it accidentally/incorrectly.

3 Likes

Yes. I've done a port scan on the ip of the hubitat and it is only responding on port 8081 so it seems as if there is something wrong with the web service on port 80. The error message in the Chrome or Edge browsers is "This site can't be reached. ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".

Nothing works. Soft Reset...Reboot...Restore Previous Version...Download Latest Version...Since they've removed Full Reset to protect us from ourselves, I can't even do that. I have a nice $130 piece of plastic now. That $5/month Wink subscription doesn't seem so expensive now.

Couldn't support help?

1 Like

They started to help...but then it seems I've been ghosted since the easy fixes didn't work.

Oh dear. This doesn't sound like support in reading other threads. @bobbyD any thoughts on this?

2 Likes

Can you go into the Diagnostic Tool and Restore to Previous Version?

2 Likes

From above:

1 Like

We continued this in a PM. The problem is resolved. Thank you everyone who contributed.

8 Likes

Hello, what is the solution, i have the same problem?

@bobbyD

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can't restart my hub

Please check your other topic. This will be closed as the original thread was created too long ago.