Unexpected Error with Rules 2.5 rules

All my RM 2.5 rules are broken. When I try to go into them I get an Unexpected Error, Err: For input string: "null".

I have 9 RM 2.5 rules that I now cannot get into. Not sure when this happened, as I had a need today to modify one of my older rules.

Has anyone seen this? I opened a ticket this morning in regards to it, but just wondering if anyone knows what is going on.

I think they put out a retire on 2.5. I think that the existing rules will work, but you can't edit them or create new. I could be wrong, but I remember people encouraging migrating to RM4

1 Like

That's my memory too.

Actually, you're wrong. You can continue to use and edit your 2.5 Rules to your heart's content for as long as you want. You cannot create new ones but existing rules can still be used and edited just fine. I still have a few that I have had absolutely no reason to re-write since they are working perfectly and I do not need any of the new features in RM 4.0. In fact, they are some of my fastest running rules, not being weighed down by Global Variables and whatnot. If you want a blast from the past...

Can edit it just fine.

Actually, Bruce would disagree with that statement.

1 Like

I had this exact same problem. I begrudgingly deleted them all and replaced them with RM4.0 rules.

I ended up recreating all my RM 2.5 rules to 4.0 since I never heard back from support at all on my ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.