Underwhelmed and Overwhelmed (I couldn't look at Underwelmed any longer) all Welcomed

Love the new title. I pretty much spend all day, every day, in some sort of whelmed. You get used to it, eventually.

1 Like

For me, I have "Alexa, I'm going to bed" which:

• Locks the doors
  • Activates "Bedtime Scene" (turns off all lights, turns on upstairs hallway light)
  • Sets HE mode to Nighttime
  • Arms HSM to "Armed Home" (via Mode)

By linking the Bedtime Scene" to my Hue Group 0, which is all devices, I can turn off all Zigbee lights in synchronous, but unfortunately, the Z-Wave light switches and dimmers power off one-at-a-time... so annoying.

Then I have rules based on modes. When mode it Night Mode, all my dimmers power one to 10% when motion is detected, and when in evening mode (or when ambient luminance is < 100 lux and not in night mode), they power to 100%. There are better ways to manage this, but this works for me.

I do the same, only I run most of my lights at 75-100% on motion during the day (bath rooms, bed rooms, etc.), and then only 25-33% in the evening (I prefer my house not to be too bright at night, except for task lighting for cooking, etc.). We almost NEVER touch a switch or dimmer any more...

Everyone's preferences are different, but it's cool that we can customize to such a degree. Although i do get a chuckle when my wife "informs" me that the lights didn't go on - usually when she is standing an arm's reach from the physical switch.

2 Likes

| We've released smartly.

If you're not happy with the stock dashboard or are just bored, take a look!

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-smartly-the-hubitat-dashboard-skin-engine/36681

3 Likes