Unable to Link Google Home to Hubitat

I'm unable to link my Google Home to Hubitat. I just get an error in the Google Home app saying it was unable to link and check my network connection. Anybody else having this problem?

This usually means that your hub is not registered correctly with the Hubitat Cloud endpoint server.

Did you create a DHCP Reservation in your home router to ensure the Hubitat Hub IP Address does not change? If your HE hub's IP address changes, this is know to cause issue with the cloud endpoint server until everything gets re-synched. Sometimes, rebooting the HE hub via the Settings Web Page will get everything synched back up again. If not, I would encourage you to reach out to suppart@hubitat.com and @bobbyD and the team will help get everything sorted out.

1 Like

Sorry for the troubles. Please check your PMs.

Hi. The hub did change IP addresses one time before I did the dhcp reservation on my router. It is now reserved. I'll try the reboot and go from there.

I'm currently having the same issue linking Google Home to Hubitat again. GH will link fine to my development hub. However when I remove GH from that hub and try to link to my regular hub it just won't link I get errors such as check network or it will sit there and just spin in the GH app. My regular has not changed IP addresses since last week. It linked once last week but I was having some other issues and removed it from my regular hub. Now it just won't link back up. Any thoughts?

I have GH linked/installed on my hub and I have it on my phone, and I can control lights from GH on my phone manually, but I cannot get the voice control part working. Does anyone have any tips on this?
I have google assistant installed on the phone as well but no voice control.

When I say "hey google, turn the kitchen lights on" , google girl replies with "it looks like those lights have not been set up yet" or something to that effect.

Anyone figured this out yet?

Just an update for anybody that runs across this thread. I tried just selecting one device when I authorized HE from the GH app. That worked. Then I selected the rest of my devices from Hubitat's web interface. Now all my devices are accessible from GH for my regular hub like I wanted.

I am currently unable to connnect GH and IFTTT to my HE. When I registered my HE it was one ip address and has changed. If I reserve the original IP address and reboot the HE and router, will the HE re-sync to the original ip address and connect GH/IFTTT?

I just got my HE and I can't get it to link to GH either...

you may want to read some earlier threads.

Don't remember details on setting up my account but seemed rather straight forward.

@myronwheeler72 I was getting errors and decided to follow your instructions. I was able to link Hubitat with just the one device (Said it was successful) but the weird thing is when I check linked devices Hubitat is not in the list. If I select the Hubitat again it tells me it is linked so how do I add additional devices?

Don't know if you've been able to link your GH but here is a post that might help you solve the issue: Google home app

It is more likely that your Hubitat is linked to your Google Account but doesn't show.

1 Like