UK Light Switches - The continuing battle

I have a whole house of these in the UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yagusmart-Neutral-Required-Compatible-Function/dp/B07ZM2T742

1 Like

@AverageJoe90 can these be Tasmotized (without wires) ?

I would not know sorry. I have opened it up to have a poke around and couldn’t see any connectors to get to? Not to say it cannot be done though as I don’t have any experience in it at all!

Thanks Joe,

Have you used 2 & 3 gang switches successfully with Hubitat to control other things other than the light the switch is directly connected to?

I don’t think you would be able to do that without a neutral. If it had a neutral you would be able to do it easy.
I have one hooked up to a light and use the mirror app to turn other lights on and off.

I can do that by monitoring the switch 'events' from switches 2 and 3 using stock Tuya firmware. There is no load connected to either. I am using another controller (HA) that sees these events instantly rather than HE natively though. So it is do-able but maybe not just yet on HE.

1 Like

You can do this with both Xiaomi and Zemismart switches. I'm only using one light, yet have 2 gang switches installed. I use the other to control lamps in the rooms.

In fact I have the same switches as @AverageJoe90, so yes they work :slight_smile:
The Yagusmart are basically Zemismart switches I think, found here.

1 Like

Is that without a Neutral?

Yeah all mine are without :+1:

1 Like

Oh nice! Had no idea that you could do this without having a complete circuit! Will have to give it a go :+1:

1 Like

Its the only reason I went for double gang :slight_smile: All mine are pretty much single light switches. A nice little bonus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the look of these sonoff switches and I've previously flashed tasmota to a WiFi relay, id assume it's basically the same scenario.

Any chance you could post a link the manager app so I could look into it.

I'm still pretty new to smart lighting, I assume these switches will give me the ability to set scenes etc? I'm sure it will begin to make sense as I progress :joy:

Also, do you know can these be used for 2 way switching?

hi @pugme

Yes same scenario, flash tasmota to the switches. Plenty of documentation on the tasmota wiki, same as other things, hook up serial link and flash.

Scenes are usually done by something like Hubitat controlling the switches rather than on the switches themselves.

As they are smart, 2 way doesn't really matter, you just set your rules to do what you want, they aren't electrically connected to the mains, you can have 100 switches on the same bulb, and they will all turn them on and off as if they were 2 way

Hope that helps?

Possibly... lol.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to help with this next question, depends on your level of wiring.

So my 2 rooms (garage and office) are wired for a traditional 2 way switching set up.

So in the middle is a 2 gang switch which has live and neutral looped through it and a twin 1.5 going up to the light, I then have 3 core coming in from the other 2 switches. So effectively I can switch either room on from their respective outer doors and the doorway where the rooms join I can switch either.

Anywhere I can find a wiring diagram on how to wire these up.... lol

Ok, do you have permanent live and neutral at all points? If so, then you just put a switch at each point with the amount of gangs you need, and worry about the turning on and off in software on the hubitat or other automation platform

im trying to find manuals (pdf) or pictures of the back of these. can't find them anywhere!

So can these ones work straight with HE? I can't see the back of these, but i assume this takes a switched load and i can configure/sense the other button and make it do something else? What about dimming?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yagusmart-Neutral-Required-Compatible-Function/dp/B08FM4HSZR/ref=asc_df_B08FM4HSZR/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463215415376&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9328501666283530427&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046081&hvtargid=pla-1061483674481&th=1

You have to click through the pictures on the side, there are some of the back and wiring diagrams.

I wrote a topic about them here: UK Light switches – My experiences (2021)

Ah fantastic, very useful. Ordered, can't wait to try out.

ok I've got it. Theres L1 L2 Lin but I don't see how this can be connected to a dimmer physically as there'd be no space in even a deep backbox. Unless the dimmer module is kept in the ceiling? Or is my assumption totally incorrect that I can somehow use this switch for dimming (only because the switches look nice)