UI Enhancements

a number is missing though, the update has improved things from last night though.

Some of the BIN ones must be the top blank ones

Very cool...you are really adding value, quite nice!!

And this "simple" change is one of my favorites...been asking for a better display location for this for a long time, and now we have it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For the 2.3.1 beta, I needed to change line 59 to

document.getElementsByClassName('mdl-layout__header-row')[0].firstChild.nextSibling.innerHTML = 'Rules';

I fear this change is not backwards-compatible to 2.3.0 and earlier.

(Also, when you make further edits, please change the version number)

1 Like

Thanks, I don't have access to beta, but I updated header lookup. It still works in current HE version, and I think it might work in beta too. I also fixed bug when Hubitat changes page title in h5 on same pages, which overwrites "hub location" (and updated version number).

Nope, that didn't work. This is what it looks like now:

This works for line 67 with 2.3.1 beta:

document.getElementById('divHeaderPageName').innerHTML = 'Rules';

(I don't know if divHeaderPageName is defined in prior releases; I need to turn on my other hub to check)

It just started. They had a call for beta testers here; if you want to join the beta, you probably still can.

This is 2.3.0, and that id does not exist.

Any chance you could work your magic on the File Manager screen, to sort the files, at least in alphabetical order. An option to select alphabetical or date modified would be even nicer, but I would settle for any sense of order.

Thanks,
Simon

I cant get edit rules to work. I am using chrome and tampermontky
Thanks

I'm traveling for about a month, so will be able to look at it only after that. Didn't get my vpn set up in time unfortunately. I though the edit rules is fixed, but if not, try to hit F5 on that page, it helped me before that fix.

1 Like

I updated the script to work with Hubitat 2.3.1:

• Rules menu (point 2 from first post) works again
  • Code to move Location from bottom left corner to upper right is removed, as it looks like this is now implemented directly in Hubitat.
3 Likes

I noticed two things broken with 2.3.2:

• the Rules menu is missing again
  • the device Graph link is broken (it looks like it copies the URL from the previous button, and they added a new Log button after Events).

Quick fix for the Graph link is to change line 99 like this (although this will only work for 2.3.2 and later):

var href = navigation.children[navigation.children.length - 1].href;

to

var href = navigation.children[navigation.children.length - 2].href;

(and while posting this, the forum told me: "You’ve posted more than 29% of the replies here, is there anyone else you would like to hear from?")

1 Like

I just found this post. Thanks OP, very nice changes. I created a fork which fixes the Rules menu on v2.3.4 along with a couple other improvements. I may add more in the future...

• Icon on Rules page toggles the grouping originally done by the OP (value is persisted)
  • Rules page no longer shows non-rules
  • Fixed add button and added one for the basic engine as well
  • Tried to make it a little more robust in the places I touched.

Might be useful to others.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pfleenor/hubitat-ui/master/hubitat-ui-enhancements.js

2 Likes