Ubiquiti Unifi Protect cameras

try clicking on
portalIcon.892cdaa8fda039d3d831
in the upper left of the screen. click on the cog and look in the Updates section

1 Like

This is what I see:

hard to tell what Unifi OS you might have. 2.1.11 cloud key firmware is way old :slight_smile:

don't update until you are ready and checked out the changes

1 Like

My frequent collaborator @Bago helped me out with some debug prints from his system. I think I have a bead on what is going wrong, so I'll PM some code to you guys to try shortly. FYI @jkp

1 Like

OK, bugfix is in v1.3.3. Thanks to @jkp and @kb9gxk for testing and to @Bago for the debugging assist.

Please let me know if you all still see anything not working correctly.

2 Likes

Finalized update through HPM. Thank you for your hard work.

1 Like

Thank you @tomw for making this available.

Have installed hubitat_unifiProtect through HPM. Sure makes things a little less intimidating.

Running version 1.3.3 of the drivers in conjunction with UniFi Protect 1.17.2 on a UniFi CloudKey Gen2 Plus (firmware 2.0.27). All five cameras successfully populated as child devices (types are G3 Bullet, G3 Flex and G4 Doorbell).

Currently using The Flasher to get triggered by the G4 Doorbell button to pulse Lutron and Philips Hue lights. So cool!

1 Like

Awesome! I'm glad it is working for you.

2 Likes

I just want to say that this is amazing!! So glad I found this thread - I just freaked out my husband at home testing text to voice doorbell announcements on all the sonos in the house :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use node-red to watch the Protect data stream, parse out the events I am interested in and then use the maker api on VLC to TTS to a USB speaker on a couple Rasp Pi's. I prefer this method because Hubitat is unstable and I can do a back up with a couple other choices using node-red to decide.

I use the same idea to so a caller id speaker that converts the area code into a city/state and then speaks that with the number using Hubitat TTS and pushover to alert me.

Yes this is a lot, but I never know where my cell phone is, it is always forwarded to my Talk # and I give out my Talk number to most services so I can control spam.

I also use node-red to collect all sorts of data and pump it into Influx/Grafana, then I use the alerting features there to alerts back to node-red which I then use to call Hubitat Maker API to TTS alerts - like my dog is outside, CO2 is high, etc...

I respect that people want to keep this all within Hubitat, but too many times mine has crashed, bailed, or needed to be reset, so I prefer to externalize it all to node-red (which can also spawn python, etc...) and it serves as kind of an ESB for routing all my data and stubbing out services for other things in my house, like my RGB info panels.

1 Like

@tomw

with the latest hub update, my logs are being flooded with the following:

any thoughts?

I haven't upgraded yet. Looks like I'll have to give it a shot to see if I can reproduce this.

Does it still happen if you downgrade to the previous hub software version?

I haven't tried that yet

it started with 2.3.2.124 today. the version released yesterday (2.3.2.123) was fine

1 Like

OK, I'm updating now. Wish me luck...

Not seeing an issue on my side after updating for what it’s worth.

1 Like

It is working well for me with 2.3.2.124.

That error looks like a zlib error, probably failing to decompress one of the binary packets coming from the UniFi Protect controller. What version of the controller software are you running?

I'll probably need to get a raw packet dump from your system to figure out what might be going wrong. I'll tweak the code to help dump that info and send it to you in PM.

oh yeah...forgot about that... protect application 2.1.1-beta.3 was pushed out earlier today

You're braver than I am to be on a beta. :wink: I sent you a PM -- let's catch up for some debugging over there when you get a chance.

1 Like

I am getting the same in my logs. I am also on Protect Beta 2.1.1-beta.3.

I just checked in a fix on GitHub and HPM, in version 1.3.5.

The data format for events changed, and it exposed a bug in my code. Thanks to @jkp for logs that helped me track it down plus prompt testing help on the fix.

2 Likes