Two Sensors One Room

Screenshot_20200404-223846_Samsung Internet

I thought I had this working properly but it the lights only trigger when Sensor 2 is tripped. What is causing sensor 1 to not go true.

The way it is supposed to work is.

(Sensor 1 active + Time after 7:30p and -30 sunrise)
OR
(Sensor 2 active + Time after 7:30p and -30 sunrise)
THEN
Canx delayed action (coming below)
Turn on cabinet lights
ELSE-IF
(Sens 1 AND Sens2 both inactive + Time after 7:30p and -30 sunrise)
THEN
Delay 1 min (cancelable from above, is that right?)
THEN
Turn off the cabinet lights.

What am I missing?

What are sense 1 and 2? Motion? Contact?

Why not use modes for some of this? Why not motion lighting if these are motion sensors?

The Zones app does good motion sensor aggregation and false detection if you want to try that.

This is a lot easier than you are making it. Why are you breaking out the two sensor separately for the active?

Do this....when you have to pick the sensor, pick them together. Then you can choose between ANY or ALL. This is how I would set up the rule.

Trigger :  Either sensor changing

Action:
If Either Sensor is active and time between X and Y THEN
     Cancel delayed actions 
     IF Lights are off THEN turn on lights (simplified conditional action)
ELSE
     Delay actions for Z minutes (cancelable)
     Turn off lights.
END-IF

That is unless if you don't want the lights to turn off if they are turned on inside the window of time and motion is still active afterward. This also assumes you don't want them left on if you manually turn them on and there is no motion during the day.

They are motion sensors. I tried using the Motion Lighting app, I can't remember why but it didn't work for me. Probably my fault, I'm still learning.

Upon giving it a second look I didn't go far enought into the setup process to get to the time frame option. I got it working with Rule Machine using Ryan 780's suggestion.

Thanks

I thought what I did WAS simple. Before I had one app for each sensor and state. I was super happy that I was able to combine all the functions into one app.

Anyway, I took your suggestion and we are up an running. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes