Two Mobile App Devices, only one phone?

Moto e5 Plus. Latest revision (2.1.0.123) on a C-4. Also had at the time, 2.1.0.120 on a second C-4 Hub. Now on 2.1.0.123, updated before testing as seen below.
Initially saw just one device added.

As of now, I have 2 exact name, with different network ID's, devices.
One works (shows presence properly, notifications work.
The first on the list does not show presence properly, nor do the notifications sent from the settings page.

I think I figured it out. And I seem to think it is reproducable.
2 hubs, switch between hubs in app, A device has been written to hub1, switching to hub2 asks to add a device. It seems to be added to hub1, not hub2 as I would expect. Flip between the 2 hubs, and it seems to keep writing the new device to hub1. I now have 4 Mobile App Devices on hub1, and am asked to pick one when switching to hub1. Change to hub2 and it is just the +DEVICE button.

Any thoughts? I hope I did not miss a post on this, I did just do a simple search.

Thank you for this great product, and the last couple of updates have been tremendous upgrades.

When you log out and log back into the app, what happens? You should get a hub selection screen and then a device selection screen. If you pick one of the devices, that device should work.

You can then remove the extra device from your hub.

Will pass on the info and see if we can reproduce a cause of the duplicate created device. But my guess is once a device is created on both hubs the problem may go away.

I have closed the app, logged out of the app and back in.
Getting the device to make on hub2 should cure the problem, unfortunately, the problem is getting the device to make on hub2. Now up to 5 on hub1. Somewhere, the original device on hub1 has lost its automations. I had experimented with notifications, and they worked well. I do not know how to tell what device(s) to delete on hub1.
The APP superbly works with both hubs, no problem, excellently actually.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, in fact I routinely switch between a handful of hubs. But my suspicion is still probably that there is something stuck somehow...

Here's an idea to test, if you are willing... On the second hub, set up a virtual device with the driver "Mobile App Device" and then log out of the mobile app, log back in, select the second hub and see if that new device shows up.

As for the first hub. Easiest way to see which device is actually working is send a test push notification from each and see which is received... Also can drag the pin outside your location on the map and that should update one of the devices present / not present as well.

Thank you for your time and help in this matter. All is working again here.

@patrick I’ve got two hubs and had a social media sign-on until a couple of days ago when I switched.

When I went to the new portal address this morning, I read these instructions and after scratching my head for several minutes I rolled the dice hoping I’d make the proper choice for adding a new user to my account and giving that new users guest privileges.

I read this to say that I needed to add my existing email address that was already listed as Admin, a second time to create a guest account. Now I have what @woodsy describes.

Now if I try to add the new user I was initially was trying to add I get this.

How do I get rid of this duplicate Hub 1 and how do I add new users? And in the case of multiple hubs do I need to add users to each hub separately?

Did you at some point have a 3rd hub with the same name? Will have to reach out to support to sort that out.

The error "User not found.." means that email hasn't created an account on portal or app yet.

So need to have the user / email create an account first, then you can add them.

In the case of multiple hubs, you need to add each user you want to that hub.

I did not have a 3rd hub. Duplicate hub1 showed up with I added my email address a second time. Can you better explain this entire process. It was following these instructions that caused the confusion.

Afraid I don't have enough information to help you.

Why would you enter your email address a second time? And where?

The process is pretty straightforward

Create a new account on portal

Log in on portal with Master / admin account registered to hub (verify at hub ip/hub/register)

Go to My Hubs, select the hub, add the email address of new account.

Where exactly are you having an issue?

@patrick, sorry but if my screen grabs are not enough then I'm just not qualified to be a Hubitat user. This is no longer productive and spending way to much too much time trying to do the simplest of tasks.

Understand your frustration, but a tiny screenshot doesn't provide enough context to what got you there, what page that is on.

I've provided you with the 3 steps. I'd love to know where you are getting hung up so I can help fix this potential confusion for others.