Twilio - Phone Call with TTS Support

So I know we have twilio support for SMS, but how awesome would it be to have support for a Phone Call also? You just tyoe up the message like you would an SMS and it calls a number and the uses TTS to notife the person on the other line.

I wee so manue use cases for this and how it could save somones life one day. I know I have missed texts and notifications plenty of times, but a call is almost never missed.

And with DND mode on a phone the notifications and text usualy dont come though, but you can allow calls from certain numbers, so you could have your twilio number set to come though and make a custom ringtone for it so you know it your alarm system calling.

So I contacted Twilio to find out if it was possible (I know others say they have it via IFTTT). They said yes and says it very similar to sending sms, so I have emaild support and made a request for it. Hopefuly they can get this added ASAP.

Show some love if you want this feature. (I know im not the first to want this feature and not going to be the last)

1 Like