Tuya ZY-M100 not listed in Apps for Basic rules as Presence Sensor

Hi I was trying to achieve the presence sensor to switch on the Tv switch and a virtual switch whenever the presence sensor detected human presence. But at 1st, the sensor was not listed here. Please advise.

The sensor is working in the device list:

What driver are you using to handle the device? It would need to have the Presence capability.

If the driver is a community written one, you would want to post the question in the driver's project thread.

I'm guessing you just need to use the "motion" attribute, not "presence". That's what I have to with my Linptech sensor anyway, and it works great.

Ok got it. when using the motion:

yes it's developed in community. I will clarify with the developer on the driver.

My guess is that the dev is just going to tell you that motion is equivalent to presence in this case (well, with all the mmWve devices right now). Using motion will work just fine - no worries.

I realize the concept of presence is getting muddy these days with mmWave devices available, but the Hubitat "Presence" attribute was implemented long before those devices, and it's not for those -- it's for the "am I home or away from home" integrations like Life360, OwnTracks, HomeKit etc.

1 Like

That makes me understand why it was listing only an iphone in the presence list. so it detects if the phone is home of away. tq tq

Before using this mmWve devices I had installed PIR motion sensor, it works with no issue, but only then when someone slept in that area, the PIR detects no motion hence the routine executed. Therefore i thought mmWve devices will address that issue using it's capability in detecting the presence not only motion. Time will tell if it;s working or not in the example situation i shared above.

Can you share a link to the driver you are using, i recently purchased one of these to test out and i have not been able to find a driver for it, other then this mention of using it, so i would be greatly appreciatiave.

Most of the Tuya mmWave sensors are supported in this driver.

1 Like

thank you, it seems to work but i have not yet had time to sit down and write the automation to use the device. hopefully, i can get to it this weekend.

1 Like