Tuya Zigbee SmartLife motion sensor

Bought this from AliExpress for $5.00.

Tuya Zigbee Mini Smart PIR Motion Detector Human Body Infrared Sensor Anti Theft Tuya App Remote Control Smart Life

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKnaHDS

I was :crossed_fingers: that because all my other Tuya devices played nice, this should also.

HE recognizes it as a ‘device’ but no matter which generic zigbee motion sensor driver I choose, there is no data.

Anyone else have this and have it working with HE?

Or is the Tuya hub required?

You can try the Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 driver.

Pair the motion sensor again to your hub, after installing the driver first.

@kkossev

That worked. Teaches me to search before asking.
Thank you.

1 Like

Now I am trying to add a Tuya leak sensor IH-K665 with no success. Tried both generic zigbee moisture sensors.

It paired with HE right away but no matter which driver I select there is no data.

Try [RELEASE] Tuya NEO Coolcam Zigbee Water Leak Sensor

I have the sensor in water and have configured it several times.

I do appreciate the help..

The sensor is not paired successfully to the HE hub. In the State Variables section, ‘rXCounter’ counts the number of the Zigbee messages received from the device, and it shows 0.

Pair it again, very close to your hub. You may need to try pairing more than once, until the pairing is successful.

Took a few tries right next to the hub but your suggestion worked. Thanks!

1 Like

Was going great with these inexpensive Tuya devices so I bought a humidity/temp sensor.
After countless attempts to get it to pair, I noticed this symbol on the box 🛜

It’s not Zigbee.

That’s 10 minutes of my life wasted.

If you bought it from Amazon, it should be easy to return it.

I had a similar case with one of my purchases from AliExpress, and I can brag that I managed to get a full refund from the seller, after opening a dispute.

I failed to see what I was ordering from AliExpress was WiFi. Only cost me $1.99 so it doesn’t hurt that much.