Tuya Zigbee Smart Smoke Detector support?

I bought a bunch of this Tuya ZB smoke detectors

Specifications:
【Product name】 zigbee smoke sensor
【product size】 51*55mm
【Wireless connection】 zigbee
【Working current】Alarm current≤120mA
【Battery life】More than 3 years
【Working temperature】-10°C~+55°C
【Low battery alarm】2.7V±0.1V
【Communication distance】 More than 50 meters in an open space

....and it was successfully added to the hub but it was identified as just "Device"

I triggered it and and no events were registered but the logs showed:
Zigbee parsed:[raw:catchall: 0104 EF00 01 01 0040 00 2009 01 00 0000 02 01 00130104000100, profileId:0104, clusterId:EF00, clusterInt:61184, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:2009, isClusterSpecific:true, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:02, direction:01, data:[00, 13, 01, 04, 00, 01, 00]]

Advanced infos are:

here are full logs

1 Like

anyone? :frowning:

I am not aware of a Hubitat driver for this device. It uses Tuya specific clusters, so the generic Zigbee drivers will definitely not work with it.

if not natively, perhaps there's a community driver for this? really need to make this work :frowning:

I meant that there is no community driver available for this particular smoke detector at the moment. Tuya-specific cluster devices are not supported officially by Hubitat, as there is no way to get the needed documentation and every new model is different than the previous one, although it may look the same.

I could probably write a driver for this device, but I can't do it earlier than a month from now.

An alternative approach could be to buy a Tuya Zigbee hub and integrate these smoke sensors to Hubitat via Tuya cloud services and [BETA] Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support)

1 Like

that would make my system cloud/internet dependent.... which is unacceptable. but thank you

That smoke detector works with zigbee2mqtt. So you could always pair it to z2m, and then import it as a virtual device into Hubitat via Node-RED or Home Assistant. I use this setup for 80+ zigbee devices. It is all fully local.

1 Like

Ah thanks for the idea. I didn't know that.

For now though, I want to keep it simple with HE only. The project is perfect already with native HE and ZB devices, except for this darn smoke detector requirement

You can now try this custom driver :

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.