Tuya Zigbee IR+RF Remote

Has anyone used this product before?
My RM Mini3 is giving up on me sadly.. also super annoying to set up now since everything is discontinued and so on..

thanks for sharing your experiences

What are you trying to control?

An Onkyo receiver and a BenQ beamer. They sadly only take IR inputs and HDMI control does not work reliably or not at all most of the time. Right now I have an RMini 3 but that does not work very well with the withdrawn driver mentioned here in the forums and the rmini bridge also just stopped working after the mini itself lost its wifi credentials out of the blue. Its a bit of a mess rn.

This might serve you well..

1 Like

This is natively supported by Hubitat? Can it be integrated with Google Home? I use the Google Home App for that

Yes and Yes. You are also not limited to the library built in. As long as you have the original remote you can program anything.

Yes code learning would be possible with the RMini as well but this sounds good.. I now have to research if this is available in switzerland :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rlithgow1 do you reckon this to be similar/the same? Judging from the version number its either another line or a newer product.. really unsure actually

:frowning:

Well there is a EU version of the one he sent, but then there is also the one I sent, which is different as well and sold in CH, so should also be EU compatible..

1 Like

No that's pretty much for ac. I mean I haven't tried to program mine for that but it may be doable

well, ok, then I gotta hunt down the other you sent in EU version.. I will post anything I find here, for all the other european people here

2 Likes

Is this to say the Z-wave frequency used means this product isn't compatible with Hubitat, or it's only compatible with the US version? I've been looking and sadly, there's just not many Z-wave IR blaster products out there for some reason. Tons of Wifi of course, all with sketchy backends controlling them. :frowning:

Look at Broadlink to see if they have a product that could work for you. I have mine blocked from the Internet and controlled with local access only.

1 Like

@mikage.kun I don't remember where did I get this screenshot from...

I am using Broadlink IR blasters to control 2 different Air Conditioners and one old Sony TV. Although Broadlink RM3/RM4 are WiFi, these devices work rock solid for me, with no issues in the last 3 years.

1 Like

Have you looked at the zxt-800? It may be compatible where you are..