Tuya temp / humidity … no updates?

I got this temp / humidity sensor from aliexpress. Originally paired as “Device” then I moved to generic zig bee temp/humidity sensor and re-paired it.

I see a temperature and a humidity reported on the device page, which is in line with reality, but it seems to have no updated in over an hour. Any idea why it would pair, report a value, but NOT report any further values? Not seeing anything in logs or events apart from initial values.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • inClusters: 0001,0003,0402,0405,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_xr3htd96
  • model: TS0201
  • outClusters: 0003,0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:

Tuya devices usually do not work with the system drivers because they don't use the standard zigbee reporting clusters.

Search by the mfg info I found this driver for it. [RELEASE] Tuya Temperature Humidity Illuminance LCD Display with a Clock (w/ healthStatus)

He specifically lists that device in the post with some info about it.

Thanks I didn’t realize the communication wouldn’t be standard especially since it set up and did give an initial value! Will try the driver

I am using Tuya based temp/hum sensors in my bathrooms to control the exhaust fans. I am using the generic Zugbee driver. It works fine. Here is what mine says:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 4A
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0402,0405
  • manufacturer: TUYATEC-gqhxixyk
  • model: RH3052
  • outClusters: 0003,0402,0405
  • softwareBuild:

Mine appears to be a different model and also is showing application 4A rather than 46.

Here is the sensor I purchased. I have three of them.
Unfortunately, the Moes (Tuya) device is not currently available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SD3QBNP/

Make sure you wake up the sensor and immediately hit “initialize” on the device page after switching to the new driver. I have the same sensor and it works great, but battery life isn’t the best with the 2032 coin cell.