Tuning your apps for speed and reliability

@jjackson can you take a look at this rule something must be wrong because I am not getting the delay 1 minute. It says the announcement every time the motion sensor is active and does not delay 1 minute.

yes - The reason it is not working is your opening statement looks for PB False - change to True. If it is true then exit. Statement 4 turns PB True - correct. Now insert a statement to become the first line to turn PB false, delay 1 min. If this is the first statement then it will keep things in sync.

forgot to say to delete the last statement - set PB True delay 1 min - you already set to true in line 4.

Set PB False delay 1 min
IF PB true, exit
Set PB true
Your Homeseer IF statement

BTW - this is the perfect example of an app that needs throttling. Motion triggered as a whole I tend to use throttling for just what you describe - only let the first trigger through, then lock the door for one minute. You got it. jj

Thank you @jjackson for your help, everything seems to be working good now with the 1 minute delay. I will convert over all my outside motion rules with this tuning process. Here is my final config.

Dead on!

Congrats - go pull a copy of your application and device load in logs, reset and check tomorrow and see if the throttle is helping lower CPU time. It will. Well done jj

1 Like

Another use case here, motion triggers the Hikvision and Dahua PTZ cameras to turn around and look at the area for a period of time and not get over spammed by the motion sensor.

That is a great one! jj

The HE guys did an outstanding job adding the CPU load for apps and devices to the log! One heck of a good resource to spot apps that can benefit from throttling. Just FYI - Zwave RGB bulbs are a PITA; 30% of the CPU time for 100+ devices is spent on 3 RGB zwave bulbs. HUE arrives today, 3 zwave RGBs are getting the exclude button by nightfall, I always knew they sucked from looking at the packet sniffer and just hordes of packets with unknown command errors. Throwing in this case is the solution not throttling. . jj