Trying to justify this to myself, need some help

The Lock Code Manager works MUCH better in Hubitat than it did in ST. Just remember to remove any existing codes in the lock when you bring it over to Hubitat so you can manager them all in LCM. I did a bunch of quick tests around the lock and I would say from what I see so far, the integration is better in Hubitat. Really happy with the move so far!

1 Like

Just completed my order for a C7 hub. Yup, I folded like a soggy cardboard box. :smiley:

I'm going to tell my wife that SmartThings is being retired and I had no choice. :wink:

So that's the good news for me. The bad news for you guys is you will have to listen to my newbie whinging as I go through setup/migration fun.

8 Likes

Welcome to "The Dark Side" !

6 Likes

You forgot the Buhwaahahaha at the end of your welcome.

:smiley:

1 Like

Haha I am the wife so don't need to worry about that aspect of it. Tell me about the mobile app, it has horrible reviews on the Play store. Can I at least turn devices on and off? That's about all I do with the Vera app.

2 Likes

Mobile app works fine for me. I used Smartly to dress it up a bit.

1 Like

The app can work as a geolocation presence sensor as well as local and clod access to dashboards.
To control devices you need to create a dashboard with the devices you want to control on it which is pretty easy. The standard UI is pretty average but as @lewis.heidrick said smartly can make it look a lot better.

I understand where the bad reviews came from as I had quite a few issues with location never being updated and the app refusing to even load but there has been regular updates and it now seems to work fine so wouldn't worry about them.

I use Life360 for presence so I can't speak for the presence detection but everything else works.

1 Like

+1 - If it aint broke don't fix it ,unless there are things it can't do and then you could supplement /transition with HE.

You will have to change eventually anyway with ST's directional moves.

edit: oops I didn't read the whole thread - I see things are now not quite as the OT outlines.

You will enjoy HE , just transition slowly as you seemed happy with ST too. It will mean you're not forced into a corner by ST at least.

1 Like

^^^This. Aside from the fun of trying out a new platform, it gives me more options as changes to ST platform escalate.

Ah! I was beginning to think I was the only person here who is a wife. In my home it's me setting up and programming the smart things and telling my husband how to use them and getting complained at when the button won't turn on a light first time because he used his app to turn it off lol. With Hubitat I hope to define the rules so that the state of the light will be tested before deciding what the button press will do, regardless of the button's own state.

1 Like

Yes I do this with my contact inputs connected too the switch (not that I ever use the switches), but when it changes state it checks the state of the light then decides what to do.

You need to be motivated and broken motivates .... you have a system that works fine And you are happy , I think you should leave it well alone .... go tinker with Hubitat for fun ( to start with ), it’s a fun platform , and go from there .... motivation will eaither materialize or not

1 Like

Maybe we should calling it the SAF instead of WAF or

HAF.............lol

1 Like

That how is i got started . It started with just a couple of bulbs , then one motion sensor , then 3 motion sensors

Now I have replaced half the downstairs switches with inovelli switches , have simple automation rules for night lights and front porch lights, to rule machine sets that set mood lighting at 9 PM......lol

These forums have been pure awesome helping me along this automation journey

A neighbor walking their dog kept letting their dog relieve himself in my yard and left it there for me to step in when I get in my truck. I automated my water sprinklers to come on when my front yard camera detects a dog in the front yard. It's my favorite automation now.

12 Likes

I want to do that to solicitors at my front door but, unfortunately, the irrigation for the beds by front door are all drip lines. :angry: :angry: :angry:

1 Like

@stephen_nutt Could just as easily trigger an actuator to spray pepper spray at them.