Trying to copy illuminance level into a virtual lux device

The other thing the app does is 'average out' a number of sensors to produce one reading
So you could use a couple of different sensors in one area/room and use the average to turn on a light for example.

1 Like

Bob
I need to leave to pick the wife up from the train station now
I'll pick this up tomorrow for you

Andy

Thanks for this app, I asked about something a long while back as I missed the option to use average levels in webCore. This app seems to work great for my uses.

1 Like

No problem.
You've been more than helpful already.
Bob.

@bobbles
Bob
I've updated the app to include the ability to set an update interval as requested.

Have a play and let me know how it works out for you

Andy

Looks to be working OK.
What I have noticed is that sometimes it can take longer than 5 min to update.
I haven't checked in depth but could that be because the lux level hasn't changed until, say, eight minutes later. The crucial times for me are when the sun rises and lux goes above 30 and visa versa.
Definitely what I am after though.
Thanks again.

Does the default value of "0" represent "instant" updates like before the option was available?

Yep!

Bob
There is a timer that says ā€˜wait x mins before setting the virtual deviceā€™
This can only be the minimum time
If the devices donā€™t report for a while after that then obviously it seems the time is extended

Andy

Guys
There is an issue with the driver that I released previously.
The variable logging that was there can cause some serious issues with your hub

I have removed the offending code from the driver so the new version (1.1.0) should be fine

PLEASE UPDATE THE DRIVER AS SOON AS YOU CAN!

Then all will again be well in the HE environment :slight_smile:

Andy

@Cobra when I try to display an average lux value in HE dashboard using the illuminance tile it shows up as "xx null" as opposed to "xx lux". I realize this is a minor quibble but if it's an easy fix I'm sure it would be appreciated by all.

Thanks again for this project!

@halfrican.ak
Mark

I have uploaded version 1.2.0 of the driver

This now should have the 'LUX' unit working ok.
Have a try and please let me know

Andy

1 Like

Yep, working as desired, thanks!

1 Like

@Cobra one of the average illuminance apps stopped reporting at some point today, just noticed it this evening, it didn't update again until I opened the app and the closed it. I've turned on logging to see I can find an error being reported, but so far it looks good. I'll keep the log running overnight and through the morning to see if something pops up.

Ok.
Please let me know how you get on

I will probably release a new app soon that will deal with average illuminance, temperature and humidity all in one child.

So if there is an issue with the current code, I donā€™t want to carry that over to the new app.

Andy

I'm using your app to define "time of day" by tracking the average luminance of two fibaro motion sensors facing outdoors in two different windows in my home (south-facing and north-facing).

The fibaros are set to send a luminance report every 200lux and every 5 minutes. Then I'm using RM to change location modes (Twilight/Day/Night) depending on the level of this reading.

I like being able to use the average luminance of the two sensors as I feel it is a more accurate representation of the necessary level of indoor lighting required based on ambient light. Before your app I was compromising by basing the rule on any/all of the sensors readings depending on the mode.

I've been monitoring the logs for the last 12 hours and haven't seen an error. I have to averages running one with a 1 min reporting restriction (the outdoor sensors, since the levels can change a lot during the daylight hours) and one with no limit monitoring a couple of indoor sensors.

When the "outdoor" average stopped reporting yesterday I didn't have the 1 minute restriction in place, I'm wondering if the app had issues with the frequent updates it was receiving/sending during the daylight hours?

Will continue to monitor the logs and give more feedback later this evening.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks for your help Mark

Andy

Well, 24 hours later it seems to be working fine, not sure what the problem was yesterday.

1 Like

@bobbles @halfrican.ak

Guys I have updated the drivers and combined the app into a new one
The drivers now show a 'trend'

You can find the new apps/drivers here:

I will no longer be supporting the original app

Andy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.