Troubleshooting an error from Notifier app

I've had the Hubitat - Camect link working for a year or two just fine. Camect detects a person, tells Hubitat to turn on lights... it all works. But now I'm getting an error message:
app:5712023-12-05 10:36:22.528 AMerrorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid file name /root/Hubitat_info.txt valid characters are: a-z, A-Z, 0-9, - and _ on line 629 (method evtHandler)
I suspect the issue is with Hubitat, but I could be wrong. Seems to have started since update of Hubitat to 2.3.6.146. ... but not positive. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks!
Joe Henley

Although it’s possible the issue is due to an underlying hub platform change, I’d suggest posting your question in the thread the community developer created for this integration:

1 Like

The Camect integration doesn’t do anything with local files.

2 Likes

@brianwilson’s Camect integration is the only one I’m aware of.

But I guess it’s probably worth clarifying with OP, who wrote the code for the integration you are trying to use? There is no official integration written by Hubitat devs.

Edit: follow-up question. Are you certain the error is coming from the Camect integration you’re using? Is the app ID 571 for the instance of the Camect integration installed on your hub? That’s what your log message says is the source of the error.

Hi,
Thanks for your help!
I can see the error back to 11/26/23 (that's as far back as the past log goes) and every log entry is the same ... app id = 571. Looking at: Logs ==> Past Logs ==> the filter list below the buttons, it says that ID 571 is from "Notify of Camect motion detection." Does that tell us where the issue is?
Again, thanks so much for all your help.
Joe Henley
PS: I looked thru all the code modules I downloaded (from Brian's github site) into the hub for this Camect/Hubitat link. Then I searched for the file name displayed in the error message. It wasn't there.

You should be able to click on the “error” in each log entry as a link.

Which app page does clicking on the link take you to?

1 Like

@user2318

Answering @marktheknife's question, i.e. determining the identity of app 571 is essential to resolve the issue you've encountered.

1 Like

Ah, I didn't know about clicking on the error.

I put together a series of screen shots to show what's happenning, but this forum won't allow it. So below is a description of the steps to walk thru:

Go to Apps menu, select Notifications
On Notifications page, select Create new notifier
On Notifier page:
-- Give it a name
-- Kind of device, select Motion sensor. Then select a sensor to use from the box
-- Click motion active
-- Click Text Notifications
Another page opens which needs input, but skip all that. At the bottom is a text entry field "Send notifications log to this local file?"
This is where I entered "/root/Hubitat_info.txt"

And that's what it doesn't like. Thoughts? I wonder if maybe just removing the "/root/" part would fix it.

Thanks for the help.

Joe Henley

Removing /root/ probably fix it

Agreed, try it with just the file name, not the path to the file.

Also, by joining the hub owners group, you can get rid of that restriction on posting screenshots :slightly_smiling_face:.

OK.
Made the change; no errors for 24 hours. Probably all good now. Will check again over the next few days. Thanks to all for help.

How do I join the hub owners group?

Joe Henley

1 Like

Click the link.