Trigger on Dashboard load

I can't seem to find a trigger on Dashboard load. Is there any way to hook into this event? It would be useful to have this as a trigger event so I can run an action to refresh my hue hub and guarantee updated bulb states on load.

If they aren't up to date already then something else is wrong. Zigbee devices send status. The Hue hub should always have the current status. It's my understanding that the integration between Hue hub and HE hub is bi-directional and real-time so statuses in both locations should always be up to date. In other words, there shouldn't need to be an event you can hook on to refresh the states.

I'm assuming you are not finding this to be the case?

That is not my experience. If you initiate the action to a Hue device from HE the status is displayed in real-time but if you initiate it from outside of HE you have to wait for the polling interval to be reflected in HE.

Okay, I don't use a Hue bridge. I assumed too much.

In any case, there is no event. You might be able to rig up a custom attribute on a custom driver that performs a refresh depending on your skill.

Otherwise, I would take care not to control the lights outside of HE. Make HE the control point so it always knows about the change.

1 Like