Trigger help in RM

I tried a few options while looking at the logs and figured it out...but I dont see an option for lock codes under triggers.

What version are you on?

1 Like

Lol...this is the first time I haven't updated as soon one was released..wanted the dust to settle before updating. Serves me right. I'll update soon enough.

1 Like

@bravenel

Ok finally home to test your guidance out. Love that my lock codes shows up btw! A few feature requests:

Feature Request #1: Unlock code conditions: add a line at the top of the list “any code is used”

My reason for this is that again I have routines I want to implement with RM that are based on generic entry. Aka the front entry way light turning on entering into home. This also enables me to start/stop motion tasks based on direction through locked doors.

Feature Request #2: how do you handle condition rules for a set of lock codes? So as an example currently I have 10 codes associated to my doors. 5 of those codes are people who live here. If I wanted to notify through pushover all codes except the 5 if entry was successful how would you do that in RM without having to select each code accordingly? Keep in mind I have dynamic codes for different events: cleaning lady, etc, so I want to create a generic rule that allows me to not think about the rule each time I add/remove a lock code user.

Feature Request #3: so I truly LOVE the pending cancellation for all of my motion lighting. BUT I do see a need for this on locks specifically for ensuring that the door is closed prior to trying to relock it.

Example: Rule states if Front Door contact is closed (closes) then lock Front Door after 2 minute delay.

Issue is that sometimes you will open/close the door which will initiate the timer but the door could be left open by little minnie-mees and suddenly the door locks after 2 min.

@SmartHomePrimer

The use of lock codes enables me to sense which direction a person is coming from and also base actions on the lock codes themselves. See post just above for my advanced examples. I have been waiting for HE to get a baseline lock codes manager and integration into HE before I started asking for new advanced feature scenarios. As @stephack stated I leverage rBoys ST app extensively and currently I can replicate 20% of that app in RM. Now that lock codes are in RM I can do a little more automation. To have options like “any code except these” or “any code used” enables advanced automation capabilities without the burden of custom webCORE or me trying to port over an app that I would never be able to share (due to licensing) or get community support on.

2 Likes

I'm sure Bruce will come up with an obvious solution but in the meantime all I can think of is this.

Create a rule that flips a virtual switch or sets a private boolean when any of the 5 (except these) codes are entered.

Then in your Pushover Rule set that switch or boolean as a condition. This way it will only send the message when the switch/boolean is in a predefined state.

The reason I prefer a virtual switch is because you can set the autoOff to reset the switch after a few seconds (essentially creating a momentary button).

That doesn’t give me who unlocked the door and gained entry though. Having a pushover with %device% was unlocked by %value% wouldn’t be valid in a VS scenario.

1 Like

Yup....just tried to set it up and realized you have to check something for lock code..no option for "no selection" or "any code" like you mentioned.

I've never had a lock with a keypad. I'm an August owner and Okidokeys before that. I have a Yale YRD256 on its way, but thought I would dig into @bravenel 's example. I'm not understanding the Virtual Lock driver though.

Strictly from the driver, since I don't own a keypad, I should be able to enter for example, 1234. Then I shouldn't I be 1234 in the "Test Unlock with Code" field and have it unlock? What am I doing wrong here?

Bruce, am I understanding the fields under "Set Code" correctly, or is this example incorrect?

Do this:

Number: 1
String: HappyLocker
String: 1234

Number: 2
String: NotHappy
String: 4321

2 Likes

As @aaron described above, the first entry is the code number. If you lock supports 30 user codes, the valid entries would be 1 to 30.

In your virtual driver, the maxCodes is set to 20....so 1 to 20 for that virtual lock.

Ah OK. Actually it was

Number: 1
String: 1234
String: HappyLocker

But I think you knew that and just made a mistake

My lock will support 256 codes! :grinning:

Wowser...you live in a Hotel?
:rofl:

1 Like

Exactly. That many codes, you might as well leave the door open :joy:

2 Likes