Trigger after a set amount of time

I did a search but couldn't find anything
I want the hub to tell me when the washer is done based on the power meter and delay by 5 minutes but it's speaking when the power meter drops to 1 then it waits 5 minutes even in the middle of the cycle
I want it to wait 5 minutes after the power meter is at 1 but it has to stay at 1 any ideas

You may want to try Better Laundry Monitor. It has the option for only notifying you if the power reading drops below a certain level for x consecutive readings, where you can configure x and the level.

It's also useful if you tell us what app you are using and also post a screenshot of your rule. (If indeed you are using RM).
Without such info its extremely difficult to advise what is happening/going wrong.

Here is my rule which does exactly what you want. You'll have to adjust the delay accordingly.

3 Likes

thank you for the quick replies

2 Likes

Bonus points add a repeat to your alert and a contact sensor in line with the washers door trigger to cancel the alert when opened, and you have a reminder that doesn't stop until you actually get the clothes. Perfect for those of us with family members that tend to forget to take clothes out and hang them/throw them in the dryer :wink:

1 Like

My family would kill me if the house started to nag them to do things. A single reminder on their phones is all that it takes. :wink:

1 Like

Lucky man....

A single reminder here results in stinky mildewed clothes

Yes, I am!

Hrmm.... I'm using mp3 files played over google minis to give my alerts... Everyone is about to hate you.... I'm going to start alerting their phones.... MWA HA HA HA

1 Like