Trigger a lamp

Hey
Is someone who can tell me how I can trigger between 2 specific times whether a certain lamp is on or off.
Thanks!!

Try simple lighting

Thank you for your response, but I think you misunderstood me. I mean, how can I trigger whether the light is on or off. The idea is that if a certain lamp is on between a certain time, another action must be taken!

Yep, misunderstood that. Not sure how to do this. I am sure someone better at rule machine will whip up an example.

Can you be more specific about exactly what you want to happen? Are you just wanting to check at 2 specific times if the lamp is on, or do you want to know every time the lamp turns on or off between 2 times, or......?

Thank you for your response.

The problem is this: There is a lamp that is linked to a switch with neon lighting. This is turned off at night. If the lamp gets power again I would like to switch other smart lamps on and set them to a certain color. Is this clear to you?

What type of lamp is this? Is there a smart switch attached to it? Or is it a smart bulb? We need to understand if/how the hub will get notified "If the lamp gets power again". For example, if the "lamp" is a smart bulb that lost power due to someone switching off a manual switch to it, the hub might not get notified that the power went out to the bulb, or that the power was restored.

So, if you could please describe the exact configuration, including the specific models of the smart switches and/or bulbs, that would help us be better able to assist you.

Hey,
It is a Pillips Hue Lamp, is connected directly to the power and a normal switch (because a large neon lighting is connected to this switch)

" if the "lamp" is a smart bulb that lost power due to someone switching off a manual switch to it, the hub might not get notified that the power went out to the bulb, or that the power was restored." I think that's the problem!!!

Only the sengled brand bulbs are capable of notifying the hub when they loose power.
If these bulbs are on, and they loose power they will notify the hub that they are off, when power is restored they will notify the hub that they are on.
Unfortunatly there isn't any way to determine if this change of state was caused by a power loss or normal on off commands generated by the hub.

Yup. That would be the issue. So, your choices are to go with a smart switch (to prevent the power being turned off) or cover the dumb switch with something so that no one can accidentally turn it off.