Tried and tested choices for beginners

You'll use @kkossev 's Tuya water sensor driver.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NEO-Tuya-ZigBee-Smart-Home-Water-Leak-Sensor-Wireless-Flooding-Detector-Leakage-Detection-Alert-Level-Overflow-Alarm-Life-App-Remote-Control-Works-Wi/873289032?athbdg=L1700

Ok. Thank you for Walmart link.

Lots of zigbee and z-wave stuff there.

The Neo Coolcam says it needs a Tuya hub. Did you have to get a Tuya hub or is it working on Hubitat?

No it pairs directly to hubitat....

I have several, here is one

1 Like

Excellent! This community is a wealth of information.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

You just made my wife very happy. I am going to try and implement this soonest.

Thanks,

YapFlapper :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

So if I get this right, it looks like (pardon the technical verbiage here) the large NEO flying saucer is wall mounted using the bracket and its umbilical cord attached to the baby flying saucer sits on the the salt? :alien:

yep. The "Puck" can be used by itself like a standard water sensor or put in the cradle and the tail plugged in. It has 3m tape on the back of the cradle for mounting or you can run a screw. The end of the tail sits on the salt.

How long is the cable on the probe (there seems to be an ongoing theme here :alien:)?

48" and you can add a stereo mini extension if you need longer.

Got it. Thank you sir. Just ordered it on Walmart.com. I was surprised to see so many price variants on Walmart and no offering on Amazon. Hope the ships and planes are moving swiftly between China and US. Can't wait to get this going. Expecting HUGE increase in WAF.

I think last time I ordered it took about 2 weeks.

Oh Note: Load up @kkossev 's tuya zigbee water sensor driver from HPM 1st. Then if it still pairs as just "Device" give him the fingerprint so he can add it to the driver. (Though you can manually switch to the driver)

Thanks to @danabw . He sent me pictures of how he has his setup. I thought I would share here for others struggling to envision what this looks like in place.

This is such a great idea. Thanks everyone.

TF

2 Likes

I stuck mine to the outside of mine. Aesthetics..lol

1 Like

Glad you mentioned that. Thanks.

And that's why mom always liked you best...dammit.

That's right.....son....

1 Like